cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

New Enterprise drivers , slight issue error problem

Hello, I'm using these drivers:

Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3 Release Notes | AMD

The last drivers worked great, no crashing, these new ones work flawless in games, programs, videos, no issues . However, when i open up the control panel, and click on "advanced" , an error shows up. I attached an issue. I think the Radeon Pro team should be aware of this, because it doesn't happen in none of the other drivers. The CLI.exe error only shows up when i click on advanced, and i can't access the advanced section of the control panel. Besides that as i said, everything else works just fine.

0 Likes
11 Replies

fsadough may want to know about this thanks.

Thanks.

0 Likes
fsadough

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card

Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X

• Desktop or Laptop System

If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop

• Operating System

E.g. Windows 10 64bit

• Driver version installed

E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

• Display Devices

Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter

One line for each display device connected

• Motherboard + Bios Revision

Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643

• CPU/APU

Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold

• RAM

Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

Details about applications/games affected (including version number)

Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)

If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

What are you talking about, so little information? I posted a photo of the error, and i also clearly stated that i have no problems with games, movies, videos, or anything. And the only issue is that the "advanced" tab doesn't work when i click on it, thus the photo i provided shows a CLI.exe error.  I figure that was enough information that someone needs to know. I also mention that the previous enterprise drivers or other (Adrenalin drivers) work perfectly fine. So you said to describe my issue, well i did above with a photo attached.

Now about describing by computer system, sure.

• AMD Graphics Card

Make and model; AMD Firepro W5000 2GB 256bit bus, GDDR5

• Desktop or Laptop System

Dell T3500 Desktop

• Operating System

Windows 10 64bit Enterprise edition LTSB 64-bit

E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

Motherboard:

• 09KPNV

Intel Xeon L5640 6/12 CPU

500W PSU

Amount of memory installed: 16GB DDR3

Also keep in mind, this post is to just let the devs know about "my" error that shows up on "my" computer system with the card i am using. Other users may not share the same issue. Just thought that someone should know, that's all.

0 Likes

Then you are in the wrong group. There is a DEV community as well, if you just want to provide a feedback. In this group we need the system info to replicate the issue. Your screenshot does not tell me which OS and which graphics card you are using. I will repro the issue and let you know.

IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

0 Likes

Alright, well i already mention everything about my computer and i have provided a screenshot of the issue. That's about it.

I am buying a Radeon Pro WX 5000 in 2 weeks, i will try the new enterprise drivers using that card and see how they work on it. / Take care. You can closed this thread. Thanks.

0 Likes

sorry i meant a WX 5100.

0 Likes

I tested 18.Q3 on a FirePro W5000 / Win 10 and it works flawless. Check your system. But you are upgrading to WX 5100 anyways.

0 Likes

So just a quick question, considering the only issue i had with the drivers were , when i click on "advanced" settings , that CLI.exe error shown up preventing me access to open it up that tab, it works just fine on your end?

If so, could be something i don't have install. oddly enough every other driver , enterprise or Adrenalin works just fine, even the previous version. Its alright though, I'm upgrading to a newer card.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Try to do a clean uninstall using DDU and reinstall the driver:
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

We have not seen cli.exe error for a long time though. See the KB below:
GPU-26494: How to troubleshoot a MOM.implementation or CLI.implementation error message that occurs ...

But first try a clean uninstall/reinstall using DDU

Yes it worked. Now i can open up the advanced tab, no problems.

Thanks.