cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sthurston91
Journeyman III

Recommendations for a gaming pc build

Hi There all. I am really new to the new line of AMD ryzen processors. I am Currently researching

all possible means of for my new build my last pc had an amd A10 so its time for an upgrade. I wanted

everyone opinion on what the best options for gaming would be. i have watched and heard that most

of the new cpu processor are more for light gaming and streaming. can anyone recommend anything.

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies

Give us a budget as well as what types of games you are wanting to play and target FPS, as a machine for an MMO player will be different than for an FPSer.

0 Likes

Budget will 1000$ and I play alot of city builder and rpg games like the witcher 3 and the Total War series

0 Likes

Hmm, $1000...

0 Likes

power supply recommendation ?

0 Likes

The Corsair TX650M, $50 with rebate is hard to beat, and 650w is plenty for a single GPU system.

0 Likes

For a processor you might consider the Ryzen 3 2200G for $100 instead of the Ryzen 5 2600 if you don't do anything CPU intensive while gaming, such as streaming. You do end up with 2 fewer cores in exchange for $70 less, but between more CPU efficient APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan, and CPUs getting more powerful per clock, the GPU is becoming the determining factor. Even The Witcher 3 can pull in 60fps with an antique Phenom II X4 with a not so very new GTX 980 at 1920x1080 with medium details.  The 2200G is equivalent to an Intel 2500K, and RX 580 slots between the GTX 970 and 980 in terms of this benchmark, so you're looking at 60FPS with little to no detail compromise.

0 Likes