Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

richey
Adept I

ryzen 7 1700 screen freezes on Windows 10

Hi All,

A while ago I bought a new Ryzen build to replace my outdated desktop with, and ever since it has been causing me headaches being practically unusable. The screen and all input randomly freezes after anywhere from 30min to 12 hours, and the event viewer only displays a Kernel error 41 (63), saying it noticed there was an unexpected crash. The crash may appear under a workload, or during idle operation, or when returning from idle. When the freeze occurs, the audio may keep playing for some time. The system can only be brought back by rebooting with either the power button or reset button.

I have flashed the BIOS to the latest version, did a clean install straight to Win10 Pro x64 version 1803 from usb, grabbed all the fresh drivers for the chipset and GPU. I have checked my memory speeds and timings, and am even running my RAM on 2400mhz instead of 3200 to be safe. I even tried modifying the power plan options to both AMD and to high performance, but neither did the trick. At this point there is literally nothing left i can think of that would help me fix this problem. I already RMA'd the motherboard and RAM once, and the replacement components didn't make any difference.

I know there are a million threads like this one, but each of them seems to be solved by some random attempt or another, but there doesn't appear to be one fix that solves all the problems. I hope you will be able to help me fix this setup before i am forced to replace the components with intel stock.

The Hardware I am running is:

• Ryzen 7 1700
  • Asrock A320M Pro4
  • G.Skill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX (2x8)
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
  • Intel 180GB SSD - Win10 x64 pro
  • Samsung 750gb HDD
  • Some 550W ~1yo PSU

Yours,

Richard

0 Likes
1 Solution
richey
Adept I

I noticed that the F4-3200C14D-16GFX wasn't listed under the A320M Pro4 QVL, i just ordered a Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3 which does list this specific RAM module in its QVL. I will update with new information when it arrives.

In the meantime, feel free to make any suggestions. I just reverted back to the P3.40 BIOS, as it appears to be more stable and includes the c6-state toggle, which I have now set to disabled. Unfortunately the system has still crashed since then.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
richey
Adept I

I noticed that the F4-3200C14D-16GFX wasn't listed under the A320M Pro4 QVL, i just ordered a Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3 which does list this specific RAM module in its QVL. I will update with new information when it arrives.

In the meantime, feel free to make any suggestions. I just reverted back to the P3.40 BIOS, as it appears to be more stable and includes the c6-state toggle, which I have now set to disabled. Unfortunately the system has still crashed since then.

0 Likes
samx
Adept II

i have exactly same problem like you. always crash in idle. did u find a fix for this? please share with me.

0 Likes

For me the issue was that I misread the part number in the motherboard QVL.

As a result I was using RAM that wasn't compatible with the A320 chipset. I

had to buy a B350 chipset motherboard (which was in the ram QVL) to solve

this issue.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes