cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nutacorn
Journeyman III

When I turn off or turn on the computer,the fan of the gpu may go crazy for a few seconds sometimes,is it normal?

This is my first time bought AMD`s graphics card,it`s a dataland`s RX570 .I just bought it two weeks ago.When I turn off or turn my computer,the fan of the graphics card would go crazy with a fast speed for a few seconds sometimes,is it normal?I have not changed any settings of the graphics card.I have not used other software to change the speed of the fan.i just bought this card and install the driver where i downloaded from AMD`s website.,and my computer is an old computer,CPU:E3 1231V3 motherboard:asus b85  my old card runs normal on my computer ,system windows 10.0.17134.191  . i just wanna try AMD`s GPU

0 Likes
1 Reply

Yes, I believe that is normal for your GPU fan to run fast during bootup. Once it boots into WIndows it should stop or slow down depending on the software that controls the GPU Fan.

This is a comment from a thread at Linustechtip.com: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/437509-gpu-fans-go-mental-at-startup/

The high fan spin at startup is normal as there is no drivers running yet.

But once you reach the login screen it should settle up in few moments.

If not, just reinstall driver.

P.s, recheck AB settings

0 Likes