cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theboyduddus
Adept I

I cant download the AMD Display Driver even with or without custom install, it always ends in an "error 1603"

I cant download the AMD Display Driver even with or without custom install, it always ends in an "error 1603", and YES i already tried viewing the help site but nothing of the things helps me in any way, i already uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, but it still says after every drivers update "error 1603" which makes me unable to use Radeon Settings. I would appreciate some serious help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

okay fine, i fixed it, i deinstalled my whole AMD folder and reinstalled the software. this time there was no error which fixes everything. thanks for the help, ill come back when something happens. great people

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Really helps if you post your Computer information as per AMD Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

What GPU do you have installed?  What Windows version is installed?  Make & Model of Motherboard or Laptop, etc?

SInce I have no idea what you have installed. This instruction might help with your problem.

install AMD driver :

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer. Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.

3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory.

6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

i mean I can try to tell you as much as I can: I got a RX 460 with a FX  6xxx with 8gb ram and some random ASUS Motherboard, im running on Windows 7 64 bit. My current problem is, that everytime im trying to install amd driver it ALWAYS says "error 1603" (its the AMD Display Driver that always fails to download)

I already tried deinstalling it with Windows + AMD deinstaller software, then tried again but it still says "error 1603", im running the latest version of windows and my antivrius is always off. i havent tried your steps yet but i will now, but i really think it wont help, i need more help, i cant run any game while theres no driver . ty so far

0 Likes

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

This is AMD Support tips on how to fix ERROR 1603: Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package .

Copied from above link:

Possible Causes

Driver installation errors can be caused by one or a combination of the following problems:​

• Corrupted registry keys and/or system files
    • Corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files
    • Missing critical and/or important Windows updates
    • Graphics driver and software conflicts
    • False positives reported and blocked by antivirus software

Try running this diagnostic program from Microsoft. It might help you to be able to install your driver. This program was suggested by AMD Support to another person having issues installing a different type of program. !

im too scared to fix anything about the corrupted files, i think that im just gonna ruin even more. my antivirus is off and i have no windows updates missing. i think that there is some kind of conflict with the driver and the software, im gonna clean install again and tell you what happend

0 Likes

okay fine, i fixed it, i deinstalled my whole AMD folder and reinstalled the software. this time there was no error which fixes everything. thanks for the help, ill come back when something happens. great people