cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zwergnase
Journeyman III

Please Help me: "Settings and driver have different versions, please update driver"

Hello community,

to be able to continue playing Rainbow Six Siege, I did an update of my graphics controller (Vapor-X R9 270X) version 17.4, dotNET 4.6.1, Windows 7. Then I often got a Bluescreens while playing ("The system entcountered an uncorrectable hardware error“). Then I could only boot in the savemode of Windows. After this I changed the graphics controller with exactly the same controller. So I could start windows common way. I installed (dotNET 4.7.2), graphics controller driver (version 17.4) deinstalled, graphics controller driver (version 18.5) installed. Now Error: "Settings and driver have different versions, please update driver." graphics controller driver (version 18.5) deinstalled, graphics controller driver (version 18.7) installed; but still same error: " Settings and driver have different versions, please update driver." 

I hope you can help me,

Zwergnase

0 Likes
1 Reply

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes