cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

macx
Journeyman III

DOPP has bugs when set overlapping values in Eyefinity mode

Recently I'm exploring DOPP features with radeon pro wx5100 card on win10 x64 system. display driver version is 18.q1.1 enterprise edition.

it's ok when run DOPPEffectOpenGL sample program under Eyefinity mode(SLS 2*1, resolution 2560*1024).  but there's no effect when set overlapping value (example: 100 pixels),

debug with source code, the problem is present texture size is 2560*1024(wglGenPresentTextureAMD()), but desktop texture size is 2460*1024(use wglGetDesktopTextureAMD()),

texture can't present by wglPresentTextureToVideoAMD(...) when size not equal 2460*1024. 

what is the right processing logic with overlap setting? I think that is DOPP can present texture with size 2560*1024, overlap for texture processed by user application, not driver.

0 Likes
6 Replies
xhuang
Staff

Hello macx​, It'll be very helpful and efficient if you can provide the minimal binary/source code to re-produce the problem. Appreciation to your report.

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff

hello macx​, can you try the latest driver, I've tried DOPPEffectOpenGL with 2x1 SLS with overlap setting to <100pixels, it's working. Here's my settings

Current Desktop Resolution 3808 x 1080 (Overlap = 32 pixels)

Eyefinity Desktop Size 3840 x 1080

0 Likes

Hi, Xhang, I updated to the latest driver (18.q3),   DOPPEFFECTOPENGL can run, but the results are incorrect. The image cannot fill the entire screen.  (2*1 SLS, Resolution 2560*1024 with 100 overlap pixels)original.JPGDOPP1.JPGDOPP2.JPG

0 Likes

Hello,

Have you ever try different resolution?

Can i have your DOPP and related setting from Radeon Settings, then i can compare with mine. As i'm seeing different screen result. Thanks

0 Likes

!eyefinity_with_overlap32.jpgdopp_info_under_eyefinity.jpgdopp_with_viewport(3808x1080)R.jpgdopp_with_viewport(3840x1080).jpg

0 Likes

Sure, I will continue investigating and get you back if I have some update. Thanks.

--

Best Regards

Shimmer Huang

0 Likes