cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lotr
Journeyman III

Hi I have a question - Ryzen 7 2700X

To keep a "consistent fan policy," AMD is forcing 10C offset on  the Ryzen 7 2700X processors -   is it true ??

my current temperature cpu is 55 ° C without load with the original box. cooler and it seems to me too much

0 Likes
23 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

lotr, please tell me where you got this information.  I have heard 20C and 27C.  The truth is that AMD has made a total mess of processor temperatures.  Here are your specifications:

2700X.jpg

Actually 10C makes sense because most processors are specified at 95C.  I have an open ticket with AMD trying to get this understood.  At idle 55C is probably OK with the stock cooler.  What is your room and board temperatures and what are you using to measure?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

here

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X review - Power Consumption http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,7.html

board temperatures 37° C

room  temperatures 25° C

case define R5 - airflow ok

Thank you

0 Likes

Thanks, lotr, but you did not say  how you measured the CPU temperature.  A screenshot would be nice.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I am sorry

amd ryzen master

aida 64

UEFI

difference + -  5° C

what do you think of a link ????

I do not know if I read the right temperature or overstated

the link is directly a table that contains the recalibration of the processor temperature sensor

if my CPU has a temperature of 55C so according to the table is the actual temperature 45C ???

Thank you

0 Likes

Thanks, lotr, looks good to me.  I also have AIDA64 and have two CPU temperatures, CPU and CPU Diode.  If you also have both, please give me both.  This is all very confusing and your link helped a lot.  I am not sure what is what until I hear for AMD on my open ticket.  I think the so called Tdie limit for all  Ryzens is 95C so you are way good on both values at this time.  I have run my 1950X up to 88C and it is specified at 68C but has a 27C offset (95C total).  I am reading the CPU (not CPU Diode) in AIDA64.  I am interpreting CPU as Tdie and have labeled it such in my OSD.  I compare the CPU Diode to the 68C. Thanks and enjoy, John.

aida..png

so I got back to the computer for a while and I made a photo of the temperature

i have tried the cinebench r15 and the temperature while working cpu did not cross the 70C cpu diode .... 50C cpu.

0 Likes

Thanks, lotr, looks like 20 C offset not 10C.  What a mess AMD has made of this or could be FinalWire error.  I suspect you are fine as long as you keep the lower number below 75C (higher number below 95C) but we need to wait till AMD clarifies all this.  The CPU should throttle if it decides it is too hot.  Your English is very good but I was wondering what your first language is as seen in the AIDA64 image.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I come from the Czech Republic and my English helper is google (for the most part) .....

it also shows me the difference in temperature rather than the 20C offset compared to the reality but it does not meet the certainty - I do not know where the boundary of my CPU is and by the method I try to mistake my test does not want it in this case would mean 85C + 20C = 105C ?????

0 Likes

I agree, lotr.  We really need to wait till AMD responds.  As long as you keep the larger number below 95C, I think you will be OK.  I will post when I learn the real information.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

thank you very much for your willingness ... let's wait and see if we can give us something to get out of - a point of reference.

with LOTR

0 Likes

I agree, lotr.  You are very welcome, I am glad to help when I can.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

lotr, please run Ryzen Master and send me a screenshot of the current tab.  This may resolve the 10/20C offset questions.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

ryzen master..png

Here is .....without load

the room temperature was 31C

I also tested the load (cinebench 15) the temperature reached 75C and the beat jumped to 3975 MHz at all cores

in a single-core test then 4200MHz and 60C

Thank you

0 Likes

lotr, great, thanks.  I failed to ask for your AIDA64 temperatures at the same time as Ryzen Master screenshot.  So please post the values of CPU and CPU Diode temperatures along with the the Ryzen Master temperature - no need for a screenshot.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi

Ryzen Master        -      51,25C

Aida  CPU            -        38 C

CPU dioda   -       61C

0 Likes

Thanks, lotr.  This tells me that AIDA has an error.  I will notify them and we should see a new Beta to correct it soon.  Thanks for your help.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi

so the temperature in the ryzmasmaster is correct (real) ???

0 Likes

lotr, Ryzen Master is correct.  I would always assume that Ryzen Master is the reference and correct.  I have a response for Finalwire (AIDA64) and they have asked AMD for official offset specifications for Ryzen 2xxx series and do not have a response yet.  I received a method to create a personal correction for the AIDA64 offset and I need to test that before I post it but will, hopefully soon.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: OK, here is the correction for AIDA64:

AIDA64-Preferences.jpg

Go to Main menu on AIDA64, click File-Preferences and you will see the screenshot above, left side.  Select Correction to see the right side.  Click on New and find the CPU temperature and change the Offset.  Mine was set to 27 (Default), so I added -17(Offset) for a total of 10.  Now my OSD shows CPU and CPU Diode 10C apart not 27.  Please let me know if you have problems.

AIDA64 has released version 5.97.4679 Beta which should correct this.  It runs fine on my system, but I do not have a Ryzen 2xxx, so cannot test.  You should be able to click Help-Check for Updates and get this Beta or a later one.  Please let me hear of any problems.

0 Likes

In fact, I'm really wondering if the ryzenmaster is measuring correctly or I have to calculate the temperature shift and if the temperature 50C is not without load too ... read different articles and  are expressing amd to CPU 1700X 1800X -20C but to 7 2700X I have not found anything yet besides the link above ....... but do not known if it's a serious source of information. Aida is not so important to me. I'm just afraid of that high temperature.

Thank you

0 Likes

lotr, I am convinced that Ryzen Master is showing the correct temperature to be compared with the published limit.  Ryzen processors have internal control of temperature.  They will limit the CPU frequency when the temperature gets to high.  This is called throttling and has been reported here.  One users was getting really poor performance and it turned out to be cooler water pump failure.  The CPU slowed way down but did not die.  It is not good, of course, to run a Ryzen against the limit and at some point the PC will power off.  If AMD would respond to my open problem, perhaps we could get some comfort.  I still think you are fine.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi

I have updated my master on a new version and it seems to me that the temperature is already in the norm.

ryzenmaster 1.png

but after setting WIN 10 to high performance :

ryzenmaster 2.png

it seems to me that EDC refers to VRM

motherboard rog strix f gaming x 470

600W and 8 pin power cpu

the question is what is the limit?

is not the error in ryzen master?

The processor works well and thanks for the previous calming - even in difficult situations it does not go above 75C

0 Likes

lotr, are you saying your power supply is 600 Watts?  That may be too small.  I have seen no error in Ryzen Master and do not understand what you are referring too.  EDC does refer to the current from the CPU VRM.  What is the limit of what?  If there is an 8-pin and a 4-pin CPU connector, then both must be connected to a CPU power cable.  AMD recommends the Ryzen Balanced power plan.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

the source seems to me enough because the rail for the CPU can provide 300W. I have gone through several calculators p.s.u and am about 70% at maximum load.
I installed the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan and all core drives at 3.9 and EDC +/- 100% so I went back to WIN Balanced Power Plan.
He just does not know if EDC is 100% normal or I'd rather use WIN Balanced power plan.
I wonder if edc is the current value of the current that is taken by the processor ..... if so i have a cpu power input of about 186W (140A) and a reserve of 37W. the question is how much they consume when regulating VRM.
I understand it well?
Thank you !!!

0 Likes