Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nomadewolf
Adept I

Dual monitor blinking

Hi there,

I'm trying to do a simple thing like connecting a second monitor in extended mode, but apparently that is not supported by AMD?...

I can connect fine in clone mode, and in Eyefinity mode. But as soon as i enable extended mode, both monitor start blinking on and off, and even Windows stops responding...

I already rolled back drivers, tried different versions, used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility, rebooted countless times, tried different combinations with 3 different monitor and 3 different systems, and always get the exact same results.

No overclock.

Windows 10 64 bit

I have 3 systems:

-Desktop:

. AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

.Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 Motherboard

.Gigabyte RX550 2GB

-Desktop:

.Intel 6600K

.Asus H170-Pro Motherboard

.Sapphire RX480 8GB

-Laptop:

.Intel Core 2 Duo

.AMD HD7400

.Toshiba Sattelite

I also have 3 different monitors, and the exact same problem happens with all of them. No matter the connection type (HDMI or DP)

Everything seems to point to AMD drivers...

Anyone else got this problem?

0 Likes
1 Reply
rhynim
Journeyman III

It seems that I am having the same problem I was wondering if you figured this out.

Dual Monitors Stuck in Eyefinity, When Eyefinity is Disabled, AMD Radeon Settings do not register the second monitor.

Computer Type: custom build.

GPU: RX 570 8gig

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock x470

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 2933 (PC4 23400) Desktop Memory Model CMW16GX4M2Z2933C16

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1+, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular, FDB Fan, Power Supply 120-GP-0650-X1

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Pro

GPU Drivers: Radeon 17.12

Chipset Drivers: Radeon RX 570 Series

Background Applications: Radeon Settings: Host Application

Monitors: 2x Acer ED242QR monitors Version ED242QR AbidPX

Description of Original Problem: Hello,I am having problems with my twin monitors ever since clicking on Eyefinity, When I try to deactivate Eyefinity it switches to one display, removes the second monitor from the Radeon Settings and then proceeds to lose connection to the second monitor and have no way to have a continues desktop as I normally would.
When deactivating Eyefinity, one monitor goes blank, then the computer seems like it is constantly finding/not finding the second monitor. While cloning the desktop worked at one point, it no longer clones and locks up at 15-second intervals and will only display on the second monitor.

Troubleshooting:

So far I have proceeded to try and remove the drivers and uninstall with DDU. Followed with a re-install of AMD drivers.

Switched the display ports on the RX570 card.

Tried going to advanced Eyefinity functionality.

0 Likes