cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mansoor
Newcomer

Radeon 520 Driver for kali 4.16.0-kali2-amd64 (2018-05-28) x86_64

HI my laptop has Radeon 520 graphic card which came preinstalled with HP 250 G6 (2RC10PA) Laptop

and I am using Kali-Linux But unfortunately I am not able to find any driver for Kali on your Official site.Kindly provide me link to download Radeon Graphic card driver for kali 4.16.0-kali2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.16.12-1kali1 (2018-05-28) x86_64 GNU/Linux (64 bit) and also provide procedure to properly install driver in my Kali.

Reply as soon as possible...

0 Likes
5 Replies

From what I read, Kali Linux is a special Distro Linux for testing.  You might want to ask your question at this Official Kali Linux Forum: Kali Linux Forums  if you haven't already.

Don't know if Ubuntu AMD Drivers will work on your Kali Linux laptop.

According to AMD Support, Radeon 520 is supported by Ubuntu x32/x64: Radeon™ 520 Drivers & Support | AMD

General

Product Family

Radeon™ 500 Series

Product Line

Radeon™ 500 Series

Platform

Desktop

Laptop

Launch Date

4/18/2017

OS Support
Windows 10 - 64-Bit Edition

Windows 7 - 32-Bit Edition

Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition

Ubuntu x86 64-Bit

Linux x86_64

Since the Radeon 520 uses the same chip as the R7 M2xx and M3xx and M4xx, this Ubuntu Linux Driver should work on your laptop if it is compatible with Kali Linux: Desktop .

Seems like the Radeon 520 is the same as the R7 M445 according to HP : HP 14-BW002AX - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews​.

AMD Radeon 520: Entry level graphics card with 320 shaders (5 compute units), 2 GB GDDR5 and a 64 Bit memory bus. Uses the same chip as the old Radeon R7 M230, M340, M440 and e.g. Radeon R7 M445 (28nm GCN).

This link shows how to install AMD GPU Drivers in Kali 2.x but should still be valid for Kali 4.x: linux - Install AMD drivers on Kali 2.0 - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange  and this link from Kali Forums seems to indicate that installing AMD GPU Drivers is an issue with newer versions of Kali linux and that the Kernel needs a patch to make it work : Kali Linux Forums .

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply .

But I have already gone through that links that you have mentioned above but none worked for me.

AMD Ubuntu driver(installed from official website) also don't work and shows not supported OS when I run its installation script. Also links where it is installing in kali 2.0 dont work any more for kali4.0.

If you are having further info please share it with me.

Thanks...

0 Likes

Yeah, As I mentioned in my previous post, Users at Kali Forums haven't been able to install AMD GPU drivers either. Seems like the only drivers that work with Kali 4.xx are Nvidia's.

Your best bet is to keep checking Kali Linux Forums to see if there is any updates to the AMD Linux drivers or Kali linux distro or someone comes up with a patch that will allow AMD GPU Linux Drivers to install correctly: Kali Linux Forums

0 Likes
mansoor
Newcomer

AMD you should manufacture your graphic drivers for kali.After lot of research on your site and net I dont find any driver suitable for kali 4.0 (radeon 520 graphic card driver ) and later So finally I have to switch to Nvidea.

0 Likes
mansoor
Newcomer

I would like to ask AMD when will you be going to manufacture radeon 520(and not of radeon RX 500 series) graphic driver for Kali(or ubuntu) ?

If you are not going to manufacture your drivers for linux that you should atleast mention that for radeon 520 , its drivers are available for windows 10 only. So that users came to know that it willl not be going to work for linux while purchasing laptops.

0 Likes