Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jerryscool
Adept I

Thread stuck in device driver

HELP?

My R9 390 (8g) over the last week has started the blue screen of death and with this message (Thread stuck in device driver)

I have removed the latest software and installed the last 3 earlyer versions and i still get the same problem I have even done a new setup of windows 10 on a bare drive and i still get the same message.

My video card has not been messed with or modded in any way.

This must be a software issue as the card is in perfect condition never been hot.

Please if you have had this issue can you share your what you did to resolve it..

Thank you in advance

Jerry

0 Likes
9 Replies
jerryscool
Adept I

Do Anyone from AMD ever respond to problems of this nature? or is it just the simple one's?

0 Likes

No they don't...and they tell you so.

User-to-user means you are asking AMD users if they have experienced the same problem as you, and do they have a way to fix it. If you are given suggestions to try, that's called being helpful. Without supplying information...useful information...it's a guessing game. Which most of us don't play.

WELCOME

The AMD Support Community is a place where AMD users can help each other by sharing their valuable knowledge and experiences about AMD products.

AMD Support Forums - Rules & Regulations & Terms of Membership

ray_m

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board.

Now if you want to tell AMD of your woes, use one of the many ways furnished (by AMD) to do so.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

Email Form

0 Likes
theacclaimed
Miniboss

What driver version are you running?

What operating system?

I suggest installing 18.5.1.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have tried the latest release and that was no good... and i have tried the last 3 going backwards also im using windows 10 64bit

J

0 Likes

Hi

18.6.1 was the last driver package in installed then the preavous 3 versions

J

0 Likes

When the 'thread stuck in device driver' issue occurs, what is normally running on the PC when this happens? I would suggest installing 18.5.1 and see if the issue occurs. That is still currently the latest official WHQL driver.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you... I have installed 18.5.1 and only had  the (Blue Screen Of Death) in the last 2 days which is great as it was happening almost every hour,,,

Jerry

0 Likes

i dont recommend any adrenaline drivers for blockchain workloads, because thats is not a blockchain driver, low share production and high electric energy consuption are its characteristics. So, its much better if you tried the beta amd blockchain driver on amd support website.

g night

alex

0 Likes
alexgersonfigueroa
Journeyman III

Yo J,

i think i could be helpfull, not telling how to fix it, but telling you how to pass around that problem...

it worked with me by the following way, well, rather than starting your driver updating, like normally, by clicking onto the driver.exe file, its better if you tried doing it by the device manager of windows, by right clicking the windows icon at the left-down side of your display....

then you choose the gpu which has the wrong driver installed, check it at each device driver tab.

selected the the wrong driver gpu, click on uninstal device.

this gpu will appear at a different place, on the device manager window, with an some icon on it, like this ''!'', click on it, then click on look for driver on computer, show the correct tab where you had stored your updated driver, then its done, restart the pc and its completelly done.

If any gpu showed signature problems, use the atikmdag-patcher to fix it.

have a good night brotha,

Alex.

0 Likes