Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kirzey
Journeyman III

Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro+ not recognized

Hey everyone,

To explain quickly :

I was gaming with a few friends last night, when both my monitors went black, my PC then rebooted and both my monitors still were black (no HDMI signal).

When checking my peripherals, my GPU does not appear anymore, I've contatced the company where I bought it, and they asked me to do two manipulations. First one being to manually download the latest drivers (which I just can't since it always redirects me to the Radeon Software, and since my GPU isn't recognized, it fails to download the drivers).

Second one, is to test my GPU on another PC, which will be hard to do since most of my friends got those gaming laptops.

My GPU still boots on (Sapphire logo lights up) and the fans spins.

My questions now are : how/where can I find the drivers ? (without going through the Radeon Software).

Is there anything that I can try to do in order to fix it ?

Things I tried :

Uninstalling Radeon Software, installing again (fails to download drivers since no GPU is detected)

Updating Windows

Navigating in the BIOS (nothing relevant found)

Unplugged the GPU, gave it a nice clean, and plugged back inside the case

Here are some informations about my PC specs :

CPU : Intel i5-6500 Quad Core @3.20Ghz

GPU : Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro+ 4G

Motherboard : MSI B150M PRO-VDH

RAM : Crucial DIMM DDR4 8Go (2 x 4Go)

EDIT: My bad, just noticed I mistyped my GPU type, it's a 470, not 480.

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance.

-Kirzey

0 Likes
8 Replies

If one monitor is connected to cpu graphics, disconnect it. Or disconnect one of the two on the 480 and try a Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

If I disconnect my main monitor from the motherboard, I don't have any display at all. Tried using only one connected monitor to the 470, still no display.

0 Likes
dstmnd89x
Challenger

When the card is installed, do you see your motherboard's POST screen or the Windows logo?

0 Likes

Yeah, it goes to the POST screen, then windows boots up. On my motherboard which is a MSI B150M PRO-VDH, there are those 3 "Ez Debug Leds" which lights up, then turns off one after one, which by the manual means, that my CPU, RAMs and my GPU is correctly settled in and is "recognized" by the motherboard.

But when I check in my peripherals, I only have the Integrated Chipset, my GPU does not appear.

0 Likes

I would remove the card completely, clear CMOS, boot into windows using the integrated GPU and uninstall all AMD display driver software. You could also reboot into Safe mode to run Display Driver Uninstaller and then shut down. Reinstall the card, making sure it is seated properly, connect the power, monitor to the card, and then try to boot into Windows with the graphics set to auto in BIOS.

benman2785
Big Boss

was card bought used?https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

flash correct "stock" bios from VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
ashton_p
Adept I

Try reaseating the GPU in the PCI lane and make sure the lane is not sagging too much. Had a similar problem and fixed it that way.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

also try to clean pci lane with compressed air

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes