cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pgsinisa
Journeyman III

Can't open Radeon Settings - Radeon settings version and driver version ado not match

Radeon settings version and driver version ado not match - I am on 18.5.1 but when I update, Fortnite doesn't progress form the LAUNCH screen - please help as I am unable to open Radeon Settings tweek it for the best gameplay - AMD say they are the best so please help me and sort this issue that seems to be VERY common -

I have the Dell Inspiron 15 (5576) with the RX560 Graphics card that (according to the Fortnite website) is above the recommended requirements to play, but the games freezes - enough to be a pain in the neck.

0 Likes
1 Reply

You need to change a Registry key to get it to work properly.

This is a long thread on the subject. Towards the end it explains how to change the Registry key that will fix the error you are having: https://community.amd.com/message/2850769?q=radeon%20settings

This is from above thread with the fix from a User:

135. Re: Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to late...

ar77

So mine has finally worked,as someone suggested it was a registry error.
All you have to do is go to regedit.exe , then go to this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN] and you will find DriverVersion.

Now all you have to do is remove whatever the value data is inside and make it blank.Then open task manager and close all AMD related service and then turn on RadeonSettings.It will work like a charm