cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bozqurd
Adept II

ASUS N551 ZU graphic switching R9 ↔ R7 problem!

Hi...
I bought a notebook (Asus N551ZU) with FX-7600P and R9 M280X 4GB GDDR5 video card and i have this major problem: no matter what i do, I cannot choose the R9 to run as primary card. In BIOS I don't have the option to disable the integrated chipset, and i tried every single option in catalyst control center, I put everything on High Performance(in amd radeon app & power options) and still not working,still integrated card runs primary. I disabled integrated card from Management,but after that it says that no card detected and it runs on VGA. I tried everything but nothing seems to work. I tried clean uninstalling and installing AMD driver in several ways but none of them works, and games like COD WW2 runs on R7 one with lag!

p.n:I tried installing AMD app from AMD site-windows 10 update driver-driver pack solution-laptab drivers on DVD that I got from salesman!

So please if anyone knows how to solve this,i'll be glad.

0 Likes
3 Replies

This page explains how to configure switchable graphics. Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

You should use the latest driver supplied by your notebook manufacturer, Asus.

0 Likes

you mean to download from here: N551ZU Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global  ?
here all drivers are out of date...not new updated version

0 Likes

Yep that is what sucks about buying laptops. Never any guarantee of a newer driver than the one it shipped with. This is not AMD's fault. The laptop maker is the one that strays from reference design and stops furnishing their customized drivers. They want you to buy a new laptop. This is why I never recommend laptops for gaming and buyer be ware if you do. I vote with my dollars when a company doesn't support my products. I don't however hold what Dell, HP and many others did to me against AMD.

0 Likes