Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

adelleda
Adept I

Can't get my three monitors working with Radeon R9 270

Hello!

I am a little stumped and hoping I can get some help (I have googled lots but I am having a hard time figuring out a solution, or just not understanding the lingo maybe)

I am not able to get my three screens to work on my Dell XPS 8700. Running Windows 10 64 bit.

I am running this video card and have updated to the latest driver:
AMD Radeon(TM) HD R9 270 2GB GDDR5 (this is what it looks like...if it helps: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/graphics-cards/5674/amd-radeon-r9-270-pictures#4

My three screens are:

1. Dell 27 Monitor - S2740L (1920 x 1080 max.)
  2. Huion GT-220 V2 Silver Graphics Tablets with Display 21.5 Inch Interactive Drawing Monitor Display IPS Panel HD Resolution (1920x1080 resolution)
  3. Samsung S24B300HL - LED monitor - Full HD (1080p) - 23.6"

No matter what combo I use, I can't get the Samsung to show up anymore. It used to just be working fine with the Dell and the Samsung but adding the Huion threw things off. I am not well versed in this area, so any advice would work. I have bought all new cables too and I know that all the monitors actually do work.

I can provide more info if needed. I just don't know how to set these up into the video card to have them all working.

Thank you

0 Likes
6 Replies

Can you please explain what 3 connections you are trying to make? DVI+HDMI+DISPLAY port for instance?  I have seen other reports of people trying to mix and match monitors having issue lately but not sure I have read a solution. I am sure anyone helping you will also want to know how your are trying to connect them.

0 Likes

Hi. I have tried various combos, HDMI, DVI and display port. By combos I mean switching the monitors around through the different ones thinking maybe that might help. I was just told by someone that I need to get a attachment cable, active displayport to HDMI and give that a try. I will order one when I am back from vacation and see if it works. Then it would mean all three are being used again if I am correct, but with this new adapter.

0 Likes

if you get one make sure it specifically says it is an "ACTIVE" adapter. I would also reach out to the company that made your card for hookup advice before ordering anything.They will know what to do.

0 Likes

Yes, didn't know "active" was a thing. Found one with that in the name. And good idea, I will see if they will respond to me in regards to that. I wish it had just been more clear on the documentation I googled from their site. At least I have learned a bit more due to all this. Thanks again

Hi! Just an update, I got it working. I needed to get this

https://www.amazon.ca/Plugable-DisplayPort-Supports-displays-3840x2160/dp/B00S0C7QO8/ref=sr_1_4?s=el...

All 3 screens work now, one with the HDMI, one with DVI and one with Displayport.

thanks!

0 Likes

You are very welcome. So glad that worked out for you! The "Active" part is the important part!

0 Likes