cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dakarag
Journeyman III

I have an A8 processor and it keeps slowing down to 0.99GHz. Can anyone help?

cpu clocking.PNG

0 Likes
6 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Is the windows power plan set to High Performance?  Turn off power savings features. Laptop should be plugged into the wall outlet.

Run anti-virus and anti-malware programs. 

Were you down loading something when you took the screen shot? (disk usage at 90%?)

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

0 Likes

My power settings are always set to high performance.

I was just listening to music at the time.

This isn't the first time that this has happened. Whenever the processor starts to slow down the fan also starts to act up(it suddenly starts to rev up and slow down repeatedly) and I've already replaced the fan twice so i don't think that's the problem. At least not the main one cause there has to be something thats making them freak out. The laptop never even heats up and it spends most of the time on a cooling pad.

0 Likes

dakarag, we cannot even guess unless you supply the information requested by arcticwind.  Also tell us what your CPU temperature is and how you are measuring it.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

AMD Graphics Card- R5, R7 M340

Laptop System- HP 17  y001ax

Operating system- Windows 10 64 bit

Driver version- Adrenalin 18.7.1

Display Device- DDC Display EDP(AMD RADEON(TM)R5 Graphics)

Motherboard+ BIOS Version- HP 8229 BIOS version Insyde F.05

CPU- AMD A8-7410

RAM- 8GB

0 Likes

Thanks, dakarag.  The last person who had a similar problem (totally different HW) discovered the water pump had died and the CPU was overheating and limiting speed.  Please get a HW monitor like AIDA64 (free trial) and tell us what you see.  You probably need to contact HP if you have not already.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I checked and the CPU is at 38 degrees. I'll try contacting HP for help

0 Likes