cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

strike
Newcomer

I cant switch to my custom resolution

So i made my own custom resolution, using CRU (Custom Resolution Utility), and i made a resolution that's 1280x960 and 1440x1080. When i try to switch to it, my screen goes black for around 10 seconds and reverts to my recommend or whatever i was using before. Idk if this will help but im on a laptop.

AMD A4-7210 APU with AMD Radeon R3

0 Likes
4 Replies

When it does that it probably is indicating that resolution is not supported.

I have a HDMI Monitor set at 1920 x 1080 but windows is saying my recommended Resolution is higher. When I try to switch to the higher resolution, the same thing happens, the screen goes black until the timer expires asking if you want to keep this resolution, then it goes back to the original Resolution that was working. Found out my Monitor doesn't support HDMI connections higher than 1920 x 1080.

It is possible your APU doesn't support those higher resolutions since it is a much older APU.

I checked one or two different laptops with the same APU and the Maximum seems to be 1366 x 768 (720p). At this review on the R3, all the games reviewed had a Maximum resolution of 1366 x 768 : AMD Radeon R3 (Mullins/Beema) - NotebookCheck.net Tech

0 Likes

i tried going to a lower resolution, it also did the black screen. im trying to get my laptop to get a streched screen for a game.

0 Likes

fortnite? i got the same problem as u

0 Likes
3zzam
Newcomer

i hope ur problem fixed mate

but guys i really need help i turned on the super resolution and my screen went black however

i used another moniter and it displayed i turned off the super resolution when i plugged back to my moniter it still does not display

what should i do?

0 Likes