Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

auron89
Journeyman III

atimpag.sys issue with BSOD on Radeon R9 380

Good evening,

First of all, English is not my native language, so please forgive any lexical error I might write.

In the last month I've been experiencing an issue with my custom built desktop computer that I never met before; I now give you my PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700

Mobo: ASRock H170 Pro4 1151 ATX HDMI/DVI DDR4

RAM: Corsair DDR4 PC 2133 CL13 Kit 8 GB (2 x 4 GB)

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 4 GB

SSD: Samsung Serie 850 EVO 120 GB

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB

Power supply: 550 W

Display: Asus MX239H 23'' LED IPS

Latest AMD Driver: 18.7.1

All system drivers are up-to-date, I installed latest Windows updates. What happens is basically that when I start a game (lately I was playing Devil May Cry 4 and Cities Skylines) after some minutes the screen stops (music plays a bit longer) and then the whole system reboots after a BSOD claiming that the issue was due to atimpag.sys.

I tried some solutions users of this forum suggested, as setting delay time in system registry up to 8, but it didn't solve the issue. I tried November 2017's driver (the last one I used that gave me no trouble), but the problem reappered.

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong between my GPU and the SO, when I tried Furmark Stress Test for the GPU it crashed all the times.

I'm pretty much out of ideas here.

Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
3 Replies
auron89
Journeyman III

No improvement so far; today while browsing the PC crashed into a BSOD. I noticed new AMD drivers and updated using DDU first, but the situation didn't improved, now the PC crashes while doing normal stuff. I don't know what to do, if someone can suggest something I would appreciate it very much.

koalaxx
Journeyman III

Hey, exact same issue here

0 Likes
turkoman
Journeyman III

Well i just reinstalled my windows to get over that problem the " Video TDR Failure" but now im having problems with the sounds just try let this be your last solution if you can't find anything

0 Likes