cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wolferen
Adept I

Wattman - FanSpeed

The current Wattman for the R9 290 Tri-x is missing target settings as well as temperature controls (you can only set it to auto or adjust fanspeed to one speed constantly). Why?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Please post a screenshot of your settings.

This is the proper settings and value. Only change the fan control to 'manual' (95c is too hot) and pull the Power Limit all the way to the right. Click 'apply' at top of page.

Wattman fan curve does not work

0 Likes

My dear. The settings you post here, i dont have it... And thats a point of it... wattman 1.png

BTW i have the latest version

vers.png

0 Likes

My R9 290X has everything...try a clean install of the drivers > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

I did it. Step by step. 3times but nothing has changed....

0 Likes

Did you ever have those settings? Can you revert to the drivers that worked?

What are your computer specs? INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Do you have any yellow marks in Device manager?

0 Likes

My first thought was that it may be related to the PRO version software (your pic attachment first post).

But searching found some old late 2016 to 2017 posts of Sapphire 290x cards without full settings, also some pics on the web.

So possibly your particular model falls into the below response to other cards that also do not have the full features ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hard to say. I remember there was a temperature indicator, just like in your screenshot. But over time they made it into such a poor version just with the basic. Thats it.... they cough on older graphics.... btw thank you for answers

0 Likes