cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

roidan
Journeyman III

Windows/AMD only showing small part of vram?

So, I have an APU (AMD A10-9630P) and it has 512MB of vram with the integrated graphics. I also have a Radeon RX 560 with 4GB of Vram. While all my games use the 560 via Switchable Graphics, none of them use the vram for the 560. Games like GTA 5 and Destiny 2 (before the hanging issues and stuff) would always say that the game only allocates 512MB of the total vram I have on my computer. GTA obviously suffers from this and has texture problems everywhere. Task Manager only says 512MB of dedicated vram for both GPUs as well which really confuses me. Anyone know what to do?

0 Likes
5 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Have you tried disabling the APU graphics altogether to see if the games then detect the total vRAM of the card? Make sure you've got the latest drivers installed for the RX 560 from AMD.

0 Likes

How can I disable the APU? I already checked the BIOS and that option just doesn't exist. And disabling via Device Manager just messes everything up. I do have all the latest drivers for the iGPU and dGPU.

0 Likes

You might look at this support page as it gives some good advice on handling switchable graphics:

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

0 Likes

I already have. Nothing I can see about video ram.

0 Likes

Have you contacted the laptop maker support/forum, asked them about it ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes