cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lillypie
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon operating at 0%

Just joined the forum, trying out the V-ray for sketchup student trial (would plan to buy if it actually works!!).

Description of the problem;
New Aurora Alienware computer with great spec;
          Intel i7 8700 CPU 3.2GHz
          RAM 32GB
          Intel R UHD Graphics 630 1GB - 1st
          AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580 8GB 2nd
          AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580 8GB 3rd

In the 'GPU Device Selection' window I have both AMD graphics cards ticked, and I untick the Intel CPU and Untick the C++/CPU:RAM 32 GB.

In Device Manager under 'Display Adapters' I disable the Intel UHD Graphics and enable both the AMD Radeons.

In the AMD Radeon settings, I have Crossfire enabled, and GPU workload set to 'Graphics' and not 'Compute'.

I Open up Sketchup with V-ray 2018 trial version, then try and run a render. I keep Task Manager open, and read that the CPU maxes out at 100% while the GPU is still 0% - completely inactive apart from 0.1% on background non-Sketchup functions.

This is so weird to me and I can't figure out what is wrong - surely if I have completely unchecked CPU, and ticked GPU in every case possib;le then surely the GPU should be running??

It's a real nightmare as it's literally stopping me from doing work.

Would really appreciate it if someone could answer this puzzle!!

Thanks,

Lilly

0 Likes
1 Reply

Chaosgroup forum can probably help with further queries ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes