cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gigabyte gaming rx 580 8gb lagging in games stuttering too

hi everyone I just bought a gigabyte gaming rx 580 8gb video card. the problems im having are mostly with two games which are battlefront 2 and battlefield 1. whats happening is my fps is going up and down im getting serious lagging and stuttering more in battlefront 2. I don't think its the video card cause its pretty limited to those two games. also did a 3dmark firestrike test and no problems at all..... ant ideas?

0 Likes
8 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

please provide a bit more information. what screen resolution is the display that you are using? OS? also, what processor are you using?

I would start by reducing the visual quality in the games that you are having problems with, such as disabling anti-aliasing, blur, depth of field and other post processing effects. the card has plenty of memory so you should be able to max out the texture quality.

0 Likes

1080p 60hz...……...windows 10 home...………….ryzen 3 1200 cpu…………….

0 Likes

and 16gb of ddr4 @ 2933mhz

0 Likes

and I just built the pc myself all parts are new

0 Likes

Ok, as configured you should be able to run the game(s) with a great balance of visuals and performance at 1080p. I would adhere to my first response and start there; making sure that your drivers are up to date and that any patches for the games have been downloaded. the processor you're using is good enough to run the game, better than what's required at the minimum, but certain elements could bog it down, such as shader optimization, physics and if there's a lot of action going on at once.

keep your resolution maximized and work your way down, lowering and disabling visual settings as you go. if you find that there is no or little difference, the problem may not be the graphics card and/or drivers.

0 Likes

I doubt its the gpu, but I could be wrong. its not doing it on all games. and not doing it all the time.

0 Likes

The game takes up a lot of space, is it installed on a regular spindle drive? Do you notice any heavier-than-usual disk access while the game is being run? I'm not familiar with the game myself so I can't offer any specific tips, but others might be able to chime in...

0 Likes

im using 2 ssd drives

0 Likes