cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dlsizer80
Journeyman III

DX12 and World of Warcraft.

Can freesync be used in DX12 games? World of Warcraft just changed over to DX12 and there is no fullscreen options now. It's just windowed fullscreen and windowed. I'm getting really bad tearing and stuttering. It makes for bad gaming. I have an RX570 8g and Ryzen 5 1600 cpu. This change just happened Tuesday and now it's really bad since they changed over. I am wondering if there is a fix for freesync without fullscreen exclusive since it doesn't have an option to do so?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Set your refresh rate correctly. My was default 59 but 144hz was right

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Set your refresh rate correctly. My was default 59 but 144hz was right

0 Likes

Where do I set the refresh rate at? In game or in the AMD desktop app? I thought everything was set at 144hz. They took the option to change refresh rate out of the game.

0 Likes

Here's a link https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104543-change-screen-refresh-rate-display-windows-10-a.html i could that explain too but i dont use Windows right now

0 Likes

Thank you sooooo much!!!! For some reason it changed back to 59hz. I did go in there and set it to 144hz when I 1st got the monitor but it reverted somehow. Anyway the game is running butter smooth like it was before. Thank you very much.

0 Likes