Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

yyd1986
Adept I

E8860 do not be identify in OpenCL

Hi,

I have a X86 signal board computer(ADVANTECH MIC-6311,i7-4700EQ,HD Graphics 4600 ) and a E8860 GPU board.They are connected through PCIe.

My system is Win7 32bit, and could identify E8860 GPU well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The  “Primary Display” is AUTO (set in BIOS).

3.jpg

I installed Visual Studio 2010 and AMD APP SDK to write OpenCL process.

I change the "Hello world"(AMD APP SDK\3.0\sample\openCL\cl\1.x\) demo to identify OpenCL platform and device.

However there are only one platform(CPU) be identify, and GPU not be found in demo. The 'numPlatforms' is only one(CPU).

4.jpg

Source code is in the attachment.

Someone can tell me how to modify settings, environment or code to identify GPU.

Thanks!

6 Replies

Since this is an OpenCL type post. Best to post your question here : OpenCL .  If you don't have access post back so that one of the Moderators can whitelist you and you can have access to the Forum. Deepak

dipak
Big Boss

Before running any opencl program, please check the "clinfo" command's output. If "clinfo" does not list this gpu, then opencl program may fail as well.

The reason might be due some installation issue. So, please ensure that you've installed a compatible driver for this gpu. Searching for a compatible driver points here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/embedded?os=Windows%207%20-%2032

Did you install this driver?

Thanks for your reply. The driver is already installed,

The reason is lack of a AMD package(12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe ).

After install package. E8860 is be identify in OpenCL.

However there is an error when I using “clinfo”, the return of “clGetDeviceInfo” is -30.

2018-07-20_134937.jpg

So, why there is an error, and how to solve this error.

Thanks.

0 Likes

After the board name, clinfo usually lists device topology information which is querired by extension parameter CL_DEVICE_TOPOLOGY_AMD.

The error code -30 (CL_INVALID_VALUE) indicates clGetDeviceInfo is failing to retrieve this information. It seems the extension is not supported by the device. However, at this moment, I'm not sure why clinfo is failing. Don't have an embedded system to check at my end.

Please share the platform version detected by the clinfo.

As GPU device is correctly detected by the clinfo, please check whether the OpenCL samples are working or not. If the problem is related to this extension only and the device is working fine, then those samples should run successfully.

Please note that APP SDK is no longer supported. Instead you can try this lite SDK package available here: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK/releases

Thanks for your reply. OpenCL samples are not working fine. The return of  "clGetDeviceInfo" is -30(but two platforms be identify).

If it means there are some problems in my environment? Or I need try to use the new SDK package(OCL_SDK)?

Thanks!

Incorrect driver installation could be a reason here. I'm not sure though. From the above description, it does not seem to be related to APP SDK.

Anyway, I would suggest you to install the driver freshly and then check the clinfo. Please note that clinfo also comes with the driver and it should list the gpu correctly.