Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xvinif
Adept I

AMD drivers installation are SO frustrating

RX 560

I am not able to completly install drivers. It's always a different error.

I tried so many different things by now trying to solve this. I already lost so many hours of my life trying to make a GPU work properly.

Clean install of windows, formatting my PC, clean boot, secure boot, creating super admin acc, uninstalling all drivers... etc

I'm actually sad. I regret buying this SO BAD.

My games run at extremely low FPS, my PC freezes... ETC

There are people in this community saying I should update my motherboard BIOS... It's okay... I mean... I just did'nt know I had to be a PC wizard to simply update a driver.

I'm just writing this because I gave up.

I'm sorry for everyone that like me, thought that buying this would be a good idea

0 Likes
1 Solution

kingfish wrote:

Ok...one last shot....is this a laptop?

Nope!

I'm sorry for taking so long to answer. I was installing Windows 10. Installed all my programs again, got my game saves from Windows 7, etc. Kind of boring.

But good news! Apparently in Windows 10 it works perfectly.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

I'm happy, I guess... But the problem was not solved in any way.

kingfish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies

Your not the only one who has said that. Actually, when you do it for the first time is the most confusing...then it's second nature. Here is a user with the same trepidation who overcame his reluctance...and is happy for it. Please take the time to read through it and maybe it will help you.

I cannot seem to update my radeon settings to latest, and when I do try to re open it I get a loadin...

I've read it all. I'll try.

I am currently at step 3.

It could not be as simple as it looks, right?

The uninstallation progress bar didn't move for about an hour. So I clicked "Stop Uninstallation". Now it's stuck on a different screen for about 30 minutes.

0 Likes

0 Likes

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Untitled1.png

0 Likes

Did you uninstall the way shown in the guide? From the control panel/remove a program?

Did you disable anti-virus/malware?

Did you disconnect from the internet?

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

" Did you uninstall the way shown in the guide? From the control panel/remove a program? "

No, I did not. The progress bar didn't move. I uninstalled by the minimalsetup.exe, and it was successful.

Untitled2.png

" Did you disable anti-virus/malware? "

Yes. Everything.

" Did you disconnect from the internet? "

Yes. I read your post.

I did all correctly. Didn't work. I'm not surprised.

Untitled4.png

The log file is attached.

But now it's worse than it was.

I can't even open the "Radeon Settings"

Untitled5.png

Thank you for your time trying to help kingfish

0 Likes

0 Likes

kingfish wrote:

Nope!

I'm sorry for taking so long to answer. I was installing Windows 10. Installed all my programs again, got my game saves from Windows 7, etc. Kind of boring.

But good news! Apparently in Windows 10 it works perfectly.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

I'm happy, I guess... But the problem was not solved in any way.

kingfish

0 Likes

Glad you got your computer working..that's the important thing