cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thatonecanadian
Journeyman III

I just bought an MSI B350 PC Mate motherboard and a Ryzen 5 2400g Processor. There's an "AMD Ryzen Desktop 2000 Ready" sticker on the box. Will these two be compatible straight out of the box?

Just wondering since I'm relatively new to building PCs and this will be my first time changing CPUs

0 Likes
2 Replies

Yes this means it is compatible.

This does not mean however that board is up-to-date bios wise. Just that the boards bios will recognize the 2xxx series chips (which yours is one of) will recognize it, boot and allow you to load an OS. You should however once you have your OS loaded look for a bios update or have already downloaded an update for your board from MSI. This will make sure you are current with any changes that may enhance stability, performance and features. Depending on the board and options for downloading and installing a bios you may have options to update that bios before loading an OS too. The MSI support site should have plenty of documentation for this, if not Google is your friend.

Good luck and enjoy your new hardware! Nice stuff!

0 Likes
superturkey
Journeyman III

I have the same set up and it works but I have a issue when I go to update drivers the whole system crashes then when turn it on I get a pixelated and can't do a thing only way to fix it is factory reset the computer not sure precisely what the issue is but drivers from AMD or MSI both cause this 

0 Likes