cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

choda96
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2600 question about voltage and temperature

Hello, I just stress tested 2600x, and after just 1 minute it reached max temp of 93celsious, so I just stoped test. Is this normal?

Im running on stock cooler, and on Idle temp of CPU is 35-37. I guess this is not normal

Photo of HWID monitor with temps and voltages : https://imgur.com/a/jihTGtt

As you can see it's runing on 1.4v, is that normal? I didnt OC it, nor I changed anything in BIOS, I just updated it

0 Likes
3 Replies

Is the stock cooler the one that came with the Ryzen (Wraithe) or one that you purchased separately?

Make sure the CPU Cooler is well placed on the CPU. It doesn't wiggle and is tight and evenly placed on the CPU plate.

92 C. is close to the CPU shutting down before overheating and getting damaged.  From AMD Concerning the Specs on the Ryzen 5 2600:

AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600

Specifications

# of CPU Cores

# of Threads

Base Clock

3.4GHz

Max Boost Clock

3.9GHz

Total L1 Cache

576KB

Total L2 Cache

3MB

Total L3 Cache

16MB

Unlocked

Yes

CMOS

12nm FinFET

Package

AM4

PCI Express Version

PCIe 3.0 x16

Thermal Solution

Wraith Stealth

Default TDP / TDP

65W

Max Time

95°C

0 Likes

My bad processor is 2600x not 2600..

Yeah it's stock one and I'm sure it's applied right, also thermal place on it is stock also.

I dont know, I'm new into PC Building and this stuff overal, is my voltage alright? In bios it's set on auto, and it reaches 1.45v, on Idle it goes down to like 1.3v

Also I found this video AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @Stock | System Stability Test- AIDA64 - YouTube  , and this dude has max temp of 82 on same benchmark, with better cooler (NH-U12S SE-AM4), but even with noctua he gets 82 on full load and I think it's too high.

Also to add, what I saw is 10c spikes, like it idles on 37-38 and then for 1 sec temp spike to 48 and then it lowers to 37 again

0 Likes

Ryzen 2600 and 2600x will have the same temperature maximums.

Try downloading Ryzen Master from AMD and install it. Then use the program to configure the Ryzen CPU Fan and power usage to run cooler. I can't advice you on how to configure your CPU using Ryzen Master. AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD

But here is the User guide for the program: https://download.amd.com/documents/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-and-AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users-Guide...  and Ryzen Master FAQ: AMD Ryzen Master Utility FAQs

0 Likes