Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chfei
Journeyman III

Cannot update latest Raid Driver / RaidXpert Utility

Hi,

I already tried to find useful information with google, but with little success. I also used the AMD-RAIDXpert2 User Guide and the search function of this forum.

My Problem, however, is pretty simple. I have a NVMe Device with windows 10 installed and a 2 Disk SATA-Raid. The NVMe is not part of the Raid, so I downloaded the following driver:

AMD RAID Installer (SATA RAID Only)461 MB9.2.0.7007.06.2018

When I try to install this driver now, I get the error that windows is currently installed to an NVMe disk and upgrading will make the OS unbootable. Further it says that I shall load Windows on a non-NVMe disk.

Hope that the question is not quite stupid but I do not know how to solve it.

Bests

Christian

0 Likes
8 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

If you receive this message, it indicates that you installed the incorrect Raid driver prior to Windows Installation.

The drivers you need to load prior to Windows Installation can be found here > https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the quick reply.

When I set up my new AMD system, I used the same driver as in my previous post but in version 9.2.0.23. I had it installed right after my windows installation and everything went fine. Therefore, I wonder why it should be wrong one?

Nevertheless, I managed to update the Raid Driver with the one you suggested. Now I also want to update the RaidXpert tool. How could I do that?

Cheers Christian

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

If you receive the same message, then you'll need to reinstall Windows, ensuring to use the correct Raid drivers.

If you don't want to do that, you can try bypasssing the installer and just extracting and then installing the RaidXpert software, located in the Packages folder.

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately, still the same error message during the installation process.
Next, I will try your bypass solution. However, I recognize three different RaidXpert2 folders

_bolton
_br
_NVMe

Is the _NVMe folder the right one, although my NVMe drive is not part of the raid?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Yes that should be the correct one, but you can try the other if it does not work as it's from the Sata Raid only package.

0 Likes
radier
Journeyman III

I have the same problem on ASRock Taichi X399.

How on earth AMDMatt is trying to convince us that we have installed the wrong driver?

What SATA RAID has anything to do with NVMe drive?

This is AMD fault as in the past I have successfully upgraded drivers using an installer.

P.S Where is support for SATA RAID under Linux? How is this platform useful for Creators?

0 Likes
reebis
Journeyman III

The issue I have is with updating the NVMe driver (non-raid) from the default Windows drivers that's provided.  After installation the driver date states it's from 2006 and from Windows.  I've tried updating this via Gigabyte's disk/website, made my OS unbootable.  I have not found the driver for this device. 

The generic driver is old and doesn't make sense how Gigabyte doesn't have one for it.

0 Likes

Please start a new thread to get support with this issue, i am now locking this thread. 

0 Likes