cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

wingfury
Journeyman III

EPYC CPU Lane Question

I am trying to design a project (for fun) that involves a silly amount of monitors. As we research different technologies that are available to us we found the EPYC CPUs which seemed to be a possible solution because of their 128 lanes. However the wording in a lot of the QAs isn't answering our questions concretely enough.

If we have a single EPYC CPU will we be able to utilize all 128 lanes for GPUS or are there only 64 available to us.

If we have duel EPYC CPU will we still have 128 lanes for GPUS available? We understand that each CPU in this config uses 64 lanes to communicate with each other, but we want to make sure that means we will still have access to the other 64 lanes from both of the CPUS, giving us a total of 128.

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies

Sorry I don't not know the answer to you but I think you may get the answer quicker if this question is in the processor forum not in graphics. There is an AMD employee that is from the professional graphics division that I think might likely be the best to answer your question I will mention him here so he gets notified about this thread: fsadough

Good Luck!

0 Likes
fsadough

theoretically yes, it depends on the motherboard design. Good luck with finding a motherboard with 128 GPU lanes.

0 Likes