cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

yaschancool
Journeyman III

Recommended 2x 16 memory modules for Ryzen 2700x?

What memory modules do you recommend for Ryzen 2700x system?

I have Asrock Master SLI board. I used to have 4x 8GB G.SKILL modules but found many issues with stability when having all 4 slots occupied.
2x 8GB modules work flawlessly in 3200 speed so I am going to sell all my modules and buy 2x16. In my understanding there should be no trouble having 32gb in this way, am I right?

The ones I am using now are DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 G.Skill TridentZ.

What memory modules would you recommend?

0 Likes
4 Replies

I would recommend looking at the QVL list for your motherboard and going from there.

Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it. Ehm. what is QVL list? My motherboard manual is extremely poor and has no any list of any memory modules, manufacturers or so on.

0 Likes

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X470%20Master%20SLI/index.asp#Memory

Though there are only two 16GB modules rated at 3200mhz. Also of note is the fact that G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz is not listed, so quite likely it's the RAM and not your motherboard, and should work just fine with any guaranteed AMD compatible 4x8gb modules.

0 Likes
leandro_paolantonio
Journeyman III

Hi, I wanted to know if the speed that they inform in the specifications of the processor is really like this or is that the information is outdated. For example, the Ryzen ™ 7 2700X says it supports up to 2933MHz of DDR4 memory. From what I understand with this I should not put memories higher than that speed?

0 Likes