cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

aalmustafa
Adept I

Which cards are crossfire compatible with Rx 580 as primary.

Which cards are crossfire compatible with Rx 580 as primary. So I just need a list of amd cards since even amd website doesn't have the rx in their charts...

I've seen previous questions but no answers with a list of gpus... Just advice to buy a single gpu. Which doesn't answer the question.

Any help is appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks anyway. I've seen it crossfire at least with rx 480 on YouTube . Anyhow the main purpose of the question was to utilize 2 gpus together. I found that directx 12 solved this issue with multi gpu support and no need for crossfire anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

Ideally yes you should NOT use multiple video cards, but if you do, you need to use the same model.

0 Likes

thank you for the answer but my question simply is that RX 580 or even RX 500 series is not listed in the amd crossfire compatibility charts found at this link AMD CrossFire™ Compatibility Chart why ?

I need a list of amd secondary cards compatible with RX 580 as a primary (This is the question)

i already have an rx 580 and already made my mind to purchase a second amd card and connect them in crossfire. i need a list of compatible AMD cars (old and new) to decide which one to buy (not necessarily another RX 580)

0 Likes

The "Crossfire compatibility Chart" has not been updated in quite a while.

The reason for this may be because crossfire is fading away.  Single card performance has gotten better and now multiple cards are not needed.  Most games these days do not support crossfire anymore.

But if you still want to crossfire the RX 580, the only card you can crossfire it with is another RX 580. 

0 Likes

Thanks anyway. I've seen it crossfire at least with rx 480 on YouTube . Anyhow the main purpose of the question was to utilize 2 gpus together. I found that directx 12 solved this issue with multi gpu support and no need for crossfire anymore.

0 Likes

DirectX 12 uses the multiple GPU feature of the API, and not all DirectX 12 games support multiple GPUs.

0 Likes

yes you're right it depends on the game. but most of the ones i use have multi gpu support. i also use it for video editing and graphic design so i think those programs use multi gpu as well through DirectX 12.

0 Likes