cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

boghu
Journeyman III

Radeon Relive perpetual woes (w/ a temporary solution)

Relive is undoubtedly an essential Radeon card software for streamers and tutorial makers alike. But apparently, as I have experienced, the software is far from perfect. I've been using ATi/AMD cards for more than a decade and when Relive was released I installed it immediately for all of my PCs. It was running fine until you have to update your driver to tackle certain issues. However, since (when was it released?) November '16 (IIRC) updates break down Relive ALL THE TIME. It's almost 2 years now and it's not going anywhere. If you have just updated your driver, expect your Relive app to be broken. You have to use DDU (or any other cleaning tool) to wipe all conflicting data and fresh install your driver to get Relive to work properly. I think, for at least this winter there will be a strong urge for the devs to employ a new system that updates the driver cleanly, without any unneeded leftover data dumped into your system and updates that does not conflict with the previous version's data.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I stream exclusively with Relive, found it utterly easy to use.

I agree with you and feel the same about Relive.
I would suppose that Relive is not a priority, nor it getting the attention it deserve imo.
It is a wonderful tool, a wonderful idea, the result is great but could be far far much better.

0 Likes