cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

undetakerize
Newcomer

Seeing Lower Performance In 18.7.1 Driver R5 M320+A8-7410

Hello i want to know is there's an issue with ?

or its just me

i got fps drop mostly while playing old games like PES 2017, Dynasty warriors 8, Left 4 Dead 2
before it was update to latest driver there's no drop fps , even this is driver is smooth but that drop fps is mostly happen and its so bad.

i using laptop heres my spec
AMD A8-7410 Quad Core
Radeon R5 M320 (Discerete Graphics)

thanks

0 Likes
11 Replies

Generally, the thing to do is to revert to the previous driver where you did not have this issue. You can do this through the Device Manager.

Sometimes the computer power plan is reset to default (Balanced)...it must be set on "Performance".

If you really want to mess with it, you can disable ULPS. Note that this will cause your laptop to run hotter and is not to be used when running on battery.

Again, the simplest solution is to revert to the working driver. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ULPS: How to disable

0 Likes

The only problem with the high-performance plan is - the CPU stays full throttle all the time and even idle!

Win10 got the smart option to set performance level application (.exe) based - much better idea!

0 Likes

Win10 also disables core parking when High Performance is selected...I'll take that.

0 Likes

Or change minimum processor state in advanced settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

me too, the FSE is less than 18.6.1, so I turn back to 18.6.1

0 Likes

first i'm gonna say sorry , this is not helping with discussion at all.
i already know this how, and what to do with my own laptop.

for you guys suggested high perfomance mode blablabalba.. i appreciate it but i honestly bored with this answer

what i need is , i need information about the latest release to discuss with.

I've been rollback with previous update (Adrenaline 18.5.1) there's no perfomance drop at all at most old game. compared with the latest driver its just drop like what i say in the thread.

thanks.

0 Likes

The people here you are talking to are users like you. Not AMD employees. We do not know beyond the release notes, what others have posted and our own experience what those changes are and how they affect performance. Please realize this. If you need to talk to AMD about specifics the only way I know of to do that is to open a support ticket, this forum is a PEER TO PEER, not AMD to end user support forum and this is explained in the links in the forum headers. I hope you get the answers you want without more blablabla. I for one benefited greatly from the advice Kingfish gave me when I came here and use many of the things he taught me and now pass it along to others as well. If the advice doesn't fit for you then you can't simply and kindly disregard it. I want you to get the help you are looking for so please do use the following link and open a support ticket: Email Form

BTW, I too suspect that I lost some performance with this latest driver but had only verified it with one benchmark. I was going to investigate further this weekend.

0 Likes

i'm really sorry if there's blame with it.

thanks for the notice man.

i just got triggered when someone reply with same solution without knowing what it is. they just reply with same solution with different problem at all.

but i want people look into discussion with ,

i know i need to discuss to the point.

0 Likes

No worries most intentions are really good here. It is easy with written words to turn the meaning into something never intended by the author. Then you have people that chime in and maybe didn't read things well enough before speaking, hey I have done it. People mean well though and are trying to help. I'm just glad you are receptive to that fact. A small amount come here to complain more than to get help, and none of us can help them. We do what we can for each other in this forum and believe me, many of us wish there were better support options available as well. We do what we can.  Do send in that support ticket.

0 Likes
jsebastian12
Adept II

Having the same issue myself with this latest driver on my RX-580... Additionally I noticed that the Check Compatibility check marks are no longer available under the Gaming Tab after I updated to this driver... Cinebench also shows a decrease in performance compared to v18.6.1... Where's the 22% PERFORMANCE INCREASE AS STATED BY AMD???

0 Likes

Wasn't that stated increase in one game? I saw no overall claim.

0 Likes