cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

arlencarey
Journeyman III

2017 iMac Radeon Pro 560 won't boot into Windows 10 with external monitor attached

I am running bootcamp and windows 10 on an 2017 iMac 21.5 inch with Radeon Pro560 graphics card.  If I boot on the MacOS side, everything is fine.  When I try to boot on the Windows side with the monitor attached, Windows chokes and won't fully boot up.  If the external monitor is not attached, Windows 10 boots fine.  If I hotswap the monitor to the iMac after Windows boots up, it eventually will be recognized and function.  What is causing this problem?  How can I fix it?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Maybe someone in a Mac forum can help. Apple handles all support for the drivers in bootcamp even though they are for Windows. AMD does not do any support for them. If someone reads this and knows how to help I am sure they will offer help if they can. Just don't want you waiting for help that may or may not come. I would ask in the correct place too. Boot Camp - Apple Support

You may need to install updated BOOTCAMP drivers for your IMAC computer.  Google BOOTCAMP DRIVER and you will find several sites that offer AMD drivers for BOOTCAMP installations.

Here is APPLE Support for downloading Bootcamp drivers: Apple - Support - Downloads .

This an Unofficial Site for AMD Bootcamp Drivers: BootcampDrivers.com

I don't believe that AMD supports or lists BOOTCAMP drivers .

I would suggest to go to Apple Forums that deals with BOOTCAMP installations for help. .

There is this:

Download Drivers

What do you know, AMD does offer BOOTCAMP Drivers. Thanks for the information. For future reference.

0 Likes