Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

razor_22ß1
Adept I

RX580 GPU Clock speed curve

Hello,

i have a Question regarding the GPU Clock Speed in the Radeon Settings.

The curve goes upwards from State 1 to 6. State 1 is 600, State 6 is 1340.

However, in state 7 it goes down to 1200. I attached a screenshot from my driver.

Can someone tell why this happens?

When I set state 7 manually to 1380 for example it still runs fine and doesn't crash.

I just want to know why it's going down in state 7 by Default. It should go up, right?

0 Likes
9 Replies

It is odd. I think I would ask the maker of your card as they made the bios that creates your settings. Only they would know if that is normal or a mistake. They may be able to offer you an updated bios. Did you buy this card New or 2nd hand. If it was used it is common for some miners to change that last state for mining hash rate performance.  They often load custom bios.

Yes, the card is 2nd hand.

Although the guy told me he used it just for gaming....

Sent an email to Powercolor already.

You could download GPUZ GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility 

You can get your current bios information from it. They also often have your cards original bios in there repository if need be.

I would get it from Power Color first though if you can with their instructions. You can go down that other path if that doesn't pan out.

0 Likes

The BIOS version is 015.050.000.001.000000.

I looked up the BIOS versions for the Red Devil on Tech Powerup and they have the same BIOS version.

So i assume there is no mining BIOS on my card installed. Maybe its not the BIOS.

0 Likes

So I flashed the BIOS using the one from techpowerups.com

And it now works, the curve now looks good.

State 7 is now on 1380 on standard.

No crashes while playing Battlefield 1 in 1440p on high settings.

Card now finally works as it should be "out of the box"

RE: Yes, the card is 2nd hand.

Although the guy told me he used it just for gaming....

They always say that (Miners that is) ...

Did you get the card on Ebay? If you did, how long have you owned the card.
If the card has a non standard BIOS on it then that information should have been included on the card description.
You would be entitled to return it within Ebay 14 day guarantee.
Just make sure you keep a copy of the BIOS you dumped out from the card when you bought it to prove it.

Note that Etherium has crashed recently and GPU prices have been dropping for past month.
So there will be more Miners trying to get rid of their GPU's such as RX580 and RX Vegas and R9 FuryX Liquids.

Although you say your card is "Working fine now" I would send it back if I were you and look at the cost of new PowerColor RX 580 8GB Red Dragon for example.

I got caught out purchasing a PowerColor R9 FuryX and it blew within 1 day. I am convinced it had been used for mining. I did get my money back from Ebay.

On another note - is it possible you could post a picture of Wattman on your RX580 showing the actual default Voltages and Frequencies used on your RX 580 for each power state with the correct BIOS?

Thanks.

Bye.

Haven't bought it on ebay, bought it on Kijiji.

I own the card for maybe 4 months now.

For now, I'll definately keep the card.

Here are my default settingssettings.PNG

You will likely gain some stability by sliding that power limit slider the red horizontal slider at the bottom right bellow the temperature all the way to the right. Likely +50 for that card.

0 Likes

Hi,

OK well if it has been working O.K. for 4 months then maybe the card was not used for mining very long.
Just watch out in case your GPU fans die early.

Thank you very much for posting the above Wattman settings.
I really appreciate it.

Best of luck with the card.

Bye.

0 Likes