Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jc-rocks
Adept II

RX460: Lost Second Monitor

Hi,

This morning I had two monitors, now I have one ... I have absolutely no idea what was installed or what changed but one of my monitors just stays dark. Windows cannot see the second monitor even in the display applet.

I have confirmed it is working by removing the driver and updating to the latest version ... when the driver was removed, both monitors were working (duplicated and incorrect resolution) but once the latest driver was installed the system went back to one working monitor (at the correct resolution).

EDIT: I have updated the system BIOS (Asus P8Z77-V LE) with no difference.

Any idea why my monitor won't work?

Thx

James

0 Likes
3 Replies
jc-rocks
Adept II

No worries ... solved it.

0 Likes

How did you fix it?

0 Likes

Hi,

Ultimately the problem appeared to be physical. The RX460 is a double slot card (at least in terms of the connector end of it) and I have a Silverstone full tower case. I had taken the card out and noticed that when I put the connector in, it clicked and locked home, something it didn't do when attached to the motherboard ... it appeared that one of the case dividers between the slots was getting in the way of the DisplayPort connector and preventing it fully locking home which cause my monitor to drop out.  I basically solved the problem by cutting away the case divider so it no longer got in the way of the connector and now it locks fully home and I get no more problems.

Sorry, not very technical I know!

James

0 Likes