cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ramchyld
Elite

StoreMI is only authorized for AMD 400-series PCs, but I _am_ using one!

Just sold off my Threadripper rig and built a more down to earth Ryzen 7 based machine.

I'm using a Ryzen 7 2700X CPU on an X470 motherboard, an Asus TUF X470 Plus Gaming

I have set up a WD 256GB PCIE x4 NVMe as my boot drive, six 500GB laptop drives in RAID10, and a second AData 128GB PCIE x2 NVMe with the intention to use the AData drive as a cache for the RAID (the motherboard has two M.2 slots, but only one works at x4, the other runs at x2)

However, when I try to install StoreMI, it keeps saying the the software is only licensed for Ryzen 400-series PCs. Last I checked the X470 falls into the category.

Is it because Hyper-V is enabled on this machine? I need Hyper-V to be enabled as I intend to develop Android apps on the machine as well as run games, and Visual Studio uses Hyper-V to run Android apps.

Please help, thanks.

Edit: created a second boot profile wih Hyper-V disabled. No difference, still complains that the motherboard and CPU doesn't qualify.

0 Likes
5 Replies

This from STOREMI USERS GUIDE: https://www.amd.com/system/files/2018-04/AMD-StoreMI-Users-Guide.pdf

See if the Pre-install Checklist matches your computer setup.

Plus you might want to read STOREMI FAQ that might give clues on how to get your setup to work with Storemi.

0 Likes

I see. No AMD RAID. I'll give that a shot. Just wondering tho- why am I not allowed to use AMD RAID to manage the HDD backend? StoreMI configures the disks as JBOD which according to a friend, isn't going to offer me reliability or speed, this especially since my backing SSD is a cheap AData SSD and not a brand name Samsung which kinda increases my concern in regards to the reliability. Currently the hard drives are configured as RAID10.

As for secure boot, I don't think it would be an issue, as I mentioned before the machine has two NVMe drives, one is destined to be the boot drive while the other is destined to be a StoreMI store.

0 Likes

Maybe this ? https://www.amd.com/system/files/2018-04/AMD-StoreMI-FAQ.pdf

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks forgot to post the link to STOREMI FAQ in my previous post.

0 Likes

Ugh, second issue after installing StoreMI: not allowed to use more than two HDDs as slow tier drive. Sorry, but per my specific requirement, I need 6 drives.

Really disappointed by this experience. Nowhere was it mentioned that there is a two slow tier drive limit. I'm switching back to using RAID10, just too bad I can't use the SSD as a fast tier drive. I'll live, but I am severely disappointed by the experience.

0 Likes