cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

drogith
Newcomer

DXGI Issue... Now with new problems! Disabling VR?

Greetings everyone!

This is an issue that has plagued everyone for a long time and, from what I can scan through these forums, rolling back to a certain driver resolves a lot of issues for some people. I can't do that. The more recent versions of OBS used for streaming require your graphic drivers to be up to date. After speaking with the developers for the game Descenders (the game that is causing the crash) they informed me that this is a common issue that the Unity engine has in conflict with VR software and drivers.

I have taken a good look at the AMD drivers and could not find a single indication of where and VR drivers are hidden. When I used to have an NVidia card, it was plainly labelled VR. Does anyone know where to locate and potentially uninstall/disable the VR portion of the drivers?

I am currently using an RX480 slightly undervolted for stability with 2 monitors and no external VR programs.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Windows 10 has it own VR feature called Windows Mixed Reality. Is that feature enabled in your system? If it is, try disabling it and see your game works.

Did some research and found this White Paper on AMD LiquidVR. It shows the LiquidVR run-times files that are installed by AMD GPU drivers;

LiquidVR/LiquidVR.pdf at master · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/LiquidVR · GitHub

I wouldn't delete the DLL because it might be used by the main GPU driver. I would rename it. If you can rename it then it is probably not being used. If it refuses to be renamed than it means it is being used in which case you will get an error message saying the file is in use.

0 Likes

Your system has the AMDLVR64.DLL installed according to your DxDiag.zip :

12/10/2017 15:08:10, 44920 bytes

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdlvr64.dll, 1.00.0012.0000 (English), 12/10/2017 15:04:50, 874872 bytes

One of the AMD Forum Moderators is going to advice you if this DLL is active and needed by the GPU Driver to work correctly.

0 Likes

Thank you Elstaci. I am going to look into these when I get home from work tonight. I got your first message right as I was headed to bed.

0 Likes

I emailed the developers the same thing I am posting here, minus the crash reports for the game

1. Uninstall 3rd party VR software
    1. Only possible VR software found on my PC was for Windows 10, uninstalled per the guide here
      https://winaero.com/blog/uninstall-mixed-reality-windows-10/
      showed no improvement

2. Modify TdrDelay key registry
    1. Modified TdrDelay registry as shown here to values of both 8 and 20
      https://community.amd.com/thread/180166
      Caused a very angry freeze
      Crash report 2018-02-27_194908 corresponds to this crash
      Returned registry to normal

3. Modify AMD VR files so they do not run on startup
    1. Per the AMD forums, found the native VR DLL files for AMD software and edited names by adding a "1" in front of each one
      https://community.amd.com/message/2849505
      Game crash took quite a while. I was able to complete from start to boss run.
      Crash report 2018-02-27_234418 corresponds to this crash
      Left settings as such due to success

4. Windowed mode
    1. Switched game into windowed mode
      No change in performance
      No crash report produced
      Left as is

5. Unplug monitor
    1. Unplugged monitor and reboot PC
      Left monitor unplugged
      No change in performance
      No crash report produced

Hopefully they will be able to locate something... but I am open for any more suggestions

0 Likes
cartel
Journeyman III

Anyone know why my browser uses this and why the 64bit sdk is in system32?

thanks

2017057.jpg

0 Likes