cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kimdagger
Journeyman III

My first pc. A10 9700. Graphics Card?

I recently bought my first pc and it has an amd a10 9700. I am a student and i bought this pc from my savings. I don't have much money but I am planning to buy a graphics card that is capable of dual graphics with my a10. Since I have a very limited knowledge about computers, I am too afraid to buy a graphics card since i don't know if it's compatible with the cpu or the motherboard. The local computer shop that i bought it from said that i should better buy a GTX 1050 (out of my budget). A friend recommended R7 260x. Can you guys enlighten me about this topic and what is the best thing for me to do?

PC specs:

CPU: AMD a10 9700

Motherboard: MSI A320M Pro-VH Plus

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 8gb

(Sorry for my bad english)

0 Likes
3 Replies
amplighter
Adept III

Just wondering what system you went with, as the manufacture tends to offer specs page for the system in general. Most of the time (like the HP site) they have a full list of tested hardware which would be compatible with the motherboard. So, if one would offer what system they purchased (IE: Dell, HP etc) We could better assist one in locating the correct hardware or components available to you.

However, just an observation, I ran a test at the Userbenchmark site:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-AMD-A10-9700-APU-2016-MBR/3958vsm262171

Just so you know, the A10 9700 is rather slow as compared to the Ryzen 7 and as you said could be all that you can afford.

0 Likes

I apologize but i don't understand what "system" you are referring to. Is it the brand of the whole desktop? Motherboard?

0 Likes

There's no mention of dual graphics config. on AMD site(that I can find), cpuworld specs say no.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..