cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

villekille
Newcomer

WX4100, fresh install win10, screen freezes for a second after each second when the second display is turned off.

It is very difficult to use the computer when the screen freezes every other second for a second..I found out that as I have my main monitor AND a HDMI television connected to my WX4100, the problem goes away if I open the TV, or if I go to windows settings to disable the second display functionality. As there is no HDMI output in the WX4100, I have a miniDP -> HDMI adapter in between.

But changing settings every time doesn't seem ideal, as I would need to change settings everytime if I want to use the TV as a second display, or keep the TV on all the time. Is there any way to fix this issue?? And I did not have this problem earlier with my old windows 10 install, but now after a fresh install and installation of the latest professional AMD driver, the screen freezing starts if I have both display connected and the TV turned off.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Need to post more information on your computer setup: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

I don't know if this current thread is applicable to you since you are using a Professional GPU card on your Desktop/Laptop but you may take a look at it: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds .

What type of MiniDP-HDMI adapter to you have installed? is it "Active" or "Passive".  "Active" Adapters are more compatible than "Passive" type adapters.

0 Likes