cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fc13
Journeyman III

Incorrect Resolution Being Displayed

I'm having an issue getting my computer to display in the correct resolution. In the windows display settings I have the option to select 1360x768 which is the correct resolution, but I can very clearly see that it is not displaying in the correct resolution.  It doesn't look right at all. Is this a driver issue or a conflict with windows 10 perhaps? I have already manually selected my drivers multiple times and used multiple different versions. Nothing seems to be working unfortunately... I'll attatch a DxDiag here. Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I downloaded the Manual for your Motherboard and upload the Graphics part of the BIOS. It may not be the same since you updated the BIOS your computer. But should have something similar.

Is it possible when you have the AMD GPU card as default (PCIe 1 Slot) that the Intel integrated Graphics is disabled? Which might explain why you can't install the Intel Graphic drivers. That why you need to check to see if "DEVICE MANAGER" shows your Intel HD 630 active.

AS A LAST RESORTS ONLY: You can repair your Windows 10 by running a Ingrade Repair. Download Windows Media Creation Tool and use it to either create a .ISO file (to burn to a USB or DVD) or burn it onto a USB Flash driver (8 gigabyte or bigger) or DVD disk.

Install the USB Flash or DVD with the Windows 10 (version 1803) installation while on your Windows Desktop. Run the installation. Make sure to check the box that says to keep all personal information and apps. Once it finishes reinstalling WIndows 10 see if the Intel Graphics is installed and showing in Device Manager and AMD GPU card also.

Note: I did this same Ingrade Repair on my computer a couple of weeks ago and Windows has been running great since then. I was having a huge amount of DCOM permission errors (Windows Event Viewer) that was causing my Windows to freeze intermittently every few seconds. Re-installed Windows and all my errors pretty much disappeared.

You mentioned that you installed the latest Intel CHIPSET from Gigabyte Support, Correct? Then your motherboard CHIPSET should be up to date.

You can run Windows Cleanup to delete Windows.old to clear space on your hard drive. But I believe after 7 or 10 days it will automatically be deleted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies

need to post your computer information according to AMD Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Your DxDiag is showing an error with "Gfxv4_0.exe" which is related to Intel Graphics  Control Panel

also it show the following error "RunUpd.exe" which seems to be related to Gigabyte TODO according to this website : https://file.info/windows/runupd_exe.html

That is as much help I can offer until your post your computer information.

0 Likes

My apologies.

AMD R9 290

Desktop, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Driver Packaging Version - 18.10.21.01-180607a-329759E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Philips 32PFL4508/F7 1366x768 @60Hz HDMI

Gigabyte B360M DS3H, MB Bios b360m ds3h f5

Intel Core i3-8100 8th Gen

8GB RAM

If the driver looks like it's incorrect at the moment, that's only because I've been trying different drivers to get it to work. I have already been to the AMD site and manually selected my driver a couple of times. The last time this happened I used the Intel Graphics Settings by right clicking on my desktop. I messed with a setting that said "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or something along those lines. However I don't seem to have the Intel Graphics Settings anymore, and all of my attempts to download install it from Here: Drivers & Software have not worked.It always tells me "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Also, attempting to change a similar setting located in the Radeon Settings doesn't fix the problem.

0 Likes

This is the latest AMD Driver for your R9 290 GPU card : Desktop .

Seems like your Intel Drivers may be corrupted. I noticed that there is a very new Intel CHIPSET for your motherboard: B360M DS3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global . You need to download these Intel Drivers instead of from Intel Website. They should install without any problems.

Chipset

Intel INF installation
(Note) Win10 ver.1709 \ver.1803 supported.

[10.1.17695.8086]

4.71 MB

2018/07/05

Asia on China America, within Europe

Intel Management Engine Interface

[12.0.3.1091]

68.64 MB

2018/06/06

Intel Serial I/O driver

[30.100.1727.1]

1.68 MB

2018/06/06

In case your Intel CPU/APU has integrated Intel Graphics:

VGA

Intel VGA Driver

[100.6170]

355.09 MB

2018/07/02

Intel VGA Driver
(Note) Win10 ver.1709 supported.

[23.20.16.4944]

320.55 MB

2018/03/27

Hi thanks for the help. Unfortunately those things haven't solved the problem but I also noticed that I am missing a resolution option. 1366x768 is not being displayed as an option in the windows display settings. I believe that 1366x768 is actually the correct resolution and NOT 1360x768. I was incorrect before and I apologize. That being said I can't just change it because the option doesn't exist. So the issue now is that I am missing the one resolution option that I need. I also seem to be unable to make a custom resolution for it in the Radeon display settings because any time I put in 1366 it automatically changes it to 1368. As for those drivers I installed all of them without any problems. Unfortunately they did not solve the issue. I tried the VGA drivers too, But it just tells me "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Right-clicking on the desktop shows Radeon RX Vega M Settings but no Intel settings.

Now that I have new drivers I'll attach another DxDiag in case that would be useful.

0 Likes

please download a free program called SPECCY. Run it and post what it says you have installed hardware wise. I need to know the Make & Model of your Motherboard, PSU, CPU/APU, GPU, Current Windows version installed. DxDIAG doesn't give that type of information.

I am getting confused. No need to try and install VGA Drivers if your Intel isn't a APU or doesn't have Intel Graphics installed.

Once you post your computer information, it may help clear up exactly what you have: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

Sorry, I already posted my computer information. It says it is being moderated.

Trust me, I am confused as well.

0 Likes

This is the OPS SPECCY Spec on his computer that he attached as a "ZIP" file.

The Intel Control Panel is only available when you have Intel Graphics installed. This is from Intel Support concerning Intel Control Panel: Open the Control Panel for Intel® Graphics .

Does your Intel i3 CPU have integrated Graphics? Please post your Intel CPU make and model. If it is not a APU (CPU with Graphics) then you won't have Intel Control Panel. If it does, then you should have Intel Control Panel available.

Maybe you should try a clean motherboard by using DDU to delete first all Intel Graphic driver and related software, if installed and then AMD Graphics drivers and software.

Make sure you have a copy of the Intel CHIPSET and AMD Graphics Driver full set. Your DxDIAG keeps showing errors with the Intel Control Panel. If your Intel has integrated Graphics then make sure you have a copy of the Intel Graphics drivers for your motherboard.

This is how to install AMD Graphics drivers with an Intel CPU with graphics. It concerns a Laptop but should still apply for desktop with Intel and AMD hardware.:Laptop graphics update...How to .

install AMD driver :

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer. Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.

3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory.

6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

My processor is an 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8100. On the box for the processor it says "Intel UHD Graphics 630." The VGA Divers that you listed earlier do not install. I get the message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." I tried that clean board method with no success. Same problem.

0 Likes

Okay, Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall all the Intel Graphics Driver and related software. Then again use DDU to uninstall all AMD Graphics Driver and related software. All this while running in Safe mode. Delete C:\AMD folder.

This should clean up your motherboard's graphics drivers for both Intel APU and AMD GPU card.

FIRST: After booting up to the desktop, Install the Intel Graphics driver and related software. reboot and see if you are able to start the Intel Control panel since you now have the Intel Graphics driver installed. Make sure you are disconnected from the internet, otherwise Windows Update may install the AMD graphic drivers first.

This is the official Intel Graphic driver for your APU from Intel Support: Downloads for Intel® UHD Graphics 630 but use the one downloaded from your Motherboard's Support site first.

Now install the AMD Graphic driver according to the instructions in my previous comment.

Supposingly the Intel Graphic Driver from Gigabyte Support for your Motherboard should be the correct driver for your Intel APU. If not, go to Intel.com and download "Intel Driver Support & Assistant". This will automatically scan your computer and show you what are the latest Intel drivers for all the hardware in your PC. You then click on download driver and it will download the drivers and install it.

Hopefully, Intel Control Panel for Graphics will start working again normally.

There have been Users complaining here at AMD Forums that certain Resolutions are missing with the latest AMD Drivers.

0 Likes

This link from Intel Support explains the error you are getting plus has a link to the Intel Driver Support & Assistant software that I mentioned earlier.: Installation Error Messages for Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

That is the problem. You have so many different drivers leftovers or installed. Right now the main concern is getting your Intel Graphics working on your motherboard and Intel Control Panel active. You are sure your Intel APU has integrated graphics.

1) download run DDU in Safe Mode. Run DDU to remove all Intel Graphics and related software. Do not reboot.

2) Run DDU again, this time run DDU to remove all AMD Graphic and related software. REBOOT.

3) Download "Intel Driver Support & Assistant" from the Intel Link I post Installation Error Messages for Graphics Drivers​  . Run it with Internet connected. This should download all proper Intel drivers for your Motherboard Intel Hardware. It may take a long time to run since it needs to scan your computer and download all the drivers. Once it downloads and installs all Intel drivers including the Graphic driver. Reboot.

Make sure under "Device Manager" under "Display Adapter" it is showing the Intel HD 630 without any yellow marks or errors.

4) Run the full AMD Driver set for your GPU Card as per instructions earlier.

5) Reboot and see if everything is working again including Intel Control Panel.

6) Run Command Prompt  with Admin Rights and input the following  command  SFC /scannow. This will scan and repair any corruption or missing Windows core files.

0 Likes

Got to wonder how OP got "right clicking on the desktop shows Radeon RX Vega M settings".

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Interesting, In this case, what does the "Radeon RX Vega M GH" mean and does it also apply to the i3 8100 APU?  Was the OPS then looking at the Intel Control Panel when it was showing as "Radeon RX Vega M " settings?

His DxDiag keeps indicating a failure with the Intel Control Panel .EXE file.

0 Likes

Whenever I use the Intel Driver Support & Assistant it says "Sorry, no software updates are available" even after I have run DDU in safe mode. So either DDU or the Intel Driver Support & Assistant isn't doing what it's supposed to or I've somehow screwed this up yet again, but I find that hard to believe as I have followed your instructions to a tee. Do I need to somehow manually uninstall these drivers or something?

Sorry, no software updates are available.

Sorry, no software updates are available.

0 Likes

DDU should have uninstalled any Intel Graphics driver and its related software.

When you installed Intel Driver and Support Assistant, did it install without errors?  What browser did you use to run Intel Driver?  Did the Intel Driver run correctly on your computer?

I have a Intel Bluetooth PCIe card (Gigabyte) and when I run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant it works fine. It scans my computer and shows all the hardware installed and the what Intel Drivers I need updated. I use Google Chrome Browser.

Does "Device Manager" show the Integrated Intel Graphics HD 630?  Try updating the Intel Graphics driver through Device Manager if it shows Intel HD 630.

How to identify your Intel Graphics Driver version: Identify Your Intel® Graphics Driver Version

How to identify your Intel Graphics Controller: Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller

Does your Motherboard BIOS show that you have iGPU active or disabled? 

Did you have Integrated Intel Graphics before all this happened? 

Does your AMD GPU card work? Were you able to install the drivers for the AMD GPU card? Does Device Manager show your AMD GPU card installed and working correctly?

Try installing the Gigabyte Intel Graphic Drivers from Gigabyte Support after running DDU for Intel again. See if it installs.

DId you run SFC /scannow to see if your Windows was good?

0 Likes

I downloaded the Manual for your Motherboard and upload the Graphics part of the BIOS. It may not be the same since you updated the BIOS your computer. But should have something similar.

Is it possible when you have the AMD GPU card as default (PCIe 1 Slot) that the Intel integrated Graphics is disabled? Which might explain why you can't install the Intel Graphic drivers. That why you need to check to see if "DEVICE MANAGER" shows your Intel HD 630 active.

AS A LAST RESORTS ONLY: You can repair your Windows 10 by running a Ingrade Repair. Download Windows Media Creation Tool and use it to either create a .ISO file (to burn to a USB or DVD) or burn it onto a USB Flash driver (8 gigabyte or bigger) or DVD disk.

Install the USB Flash or DVD with the Windows 10 (version 1803) installation while on your Windows Desktop. Run the installation. Make sure to check the box that says to keep all personal information and apps. Once it finishes reinstalling WIndows 10 see if the Intel Graphics is installed and showing in Device Manager and AMD GPU card also.

Note: I did this same Ingrade Repair on my computer a couple of weeks ago and Windows has been running great since then. I was having a huge amount of DCOM permission errors (Windows Event Viewer) that was causing my Windows to freeze intermittently every few seconds. Re-installed Windows and all my errors pretty much disappeared.

You mentioned that you installed the latest Intel CHIPSET from Gigabyte Support, Correct? Then your motherboard CHIPSET should be up to date.

You can run Windows Cleanup to delete Windows.old to clear space on your hard drive. But I believe after 7 or 10 days it will automatically be deleted.

0 Likes

Okay so I finally got the "Driver and Support Assistant" to find that there was software to be updated. I don't know what happened, but the graphics driver is installing no problem now. I ran it on chrome. But I'm still having the same issue of not having an Intel Graphics Control Panel, and I am still missing my resolution. The correct and most up to date CHIPSET is installed yes. The Device manager is showing Intel UHD Graphics 630. When I attempt to update from the device manager it tells me that the best drivers are already installed. Device manager also shows me that my GPU is working properly. The divers for that AMD GPU installed with no problems. SCF /scannow showed that there were no problems. I will attempt another DDU clean of Intel drivers and another use of the Driver and Support Assistant to get the right drivers. I get the feeling I may have to fall back on the Windows Ingrade Repair pretty soon here because this is getting a bit silly at this point.

I recently moved house and when I did my SSD was corrupted. I had to reinstall Windows and everything on it. That's when this started. I had the Intel Control Panel before then, and that panel is how I fixed this same display issue before. Without the control panel however, I seem to be unable to do so.

0 Likes

Okay, problem solved. Thank you for your help with this. So as it turns out the only way I am able to access the control panel is if I take the HDMI out of the GPU and put it into the HDMI port on the MB then from the BIOS set the "Initial Display Output" to the "IGFX" option. Then after fixing the display issue I had to reboot and go back into the bios, change the Initial Display Output back to "PCIe 1 Slot" and move the HDMI back over again. It seems to be working again but that is the only way to access the control panel for me.

Again thank you so much for your help and your time. I hate to be a hassle but I was just about at my wits end. I hope this wasn't too annoying for you.

0 Likes

Great, I was beginning to doubt myself if I was on the correct path in helping your fix your issue.

So, It seems the only time the Intel Control Panel is available is when the Integrated Graphics is set in BIOS to boot up instead of the AMD GPU card.

Just for future reference, While the AMD GPU card  is the main boot display (PCIe 1 slot), move the HDMI cable back to the motherboard video output (iGPU) and see if you get regular video on your monitor without changing it in BIOS back to iGPU (IGFX) or rebooting. I am wondering if the iGPU (Intel Graphics) is still active and not disabled. With the HDMI connected to the Motherboard and you have video output, see if by any chance, the Intel Control Panel pops up and is displaying.

If Intel Control Panel does pop up with the HDMI connected to the Motherboard with the AMD GPU card as the main Display during booting, then you wouldn't need to go to BIOS and change the boot procedure every time you need access to the Intel Control Panel. Just connect the HDMI cable to the motherboard.

Note: It hasn't been a hassle nor annoying. Frustrating yes, but not a hassle nor annoying.

0 Likes