AnsweredAssumed Answered

Begging for help. Last Chance for AMD

Question asked by vealth on Jul 6, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2018 by carlostheassasin

I've been having a problem with my Radeon RX 460 for about 6 months now and it's consistently gotten worse. Today I can no longer run anything on the graphics card. The main problem is that whenever a game is run it will run temporary and then crash to a solid color with no error log or message left behind. I've checked for over heating but it sometimes will happen on a game starting up and not even after it runs for any amount of time. It also is very random with how long and what games will run. Fallout 4 on Ultra will run sometimes for hours and never crash, sometimes it crashes on Start up. Skyrim never works. Neither the Enhanced Edition or original. Kerbal Space Program crashes at loading. Space Engineers never crashes. The list is long and completely random. One time I got an error about 'atikmpag.sys' failing and upon further research it said something about AMD and Intel graphics crashing but the instructions for fixing this were either scams for Driver Update Software or to confusing to follow what exactly they were talking about. All of this combined this is UNACCEPTABLE. There is no way to report this because there is no error log and from my perspective I spent $200 on a faulty card that AMD put out. Please if anyone has any idea how to fix this or to get AMD to fix it I cannot afford to replace it.

System Information

Graphics Chipset

Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

Desktop

Windows Version

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Radeon Software Version

CPU Type

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz

Motherboard

ASROCK B360M Pro4

Power Supply