is amd no longer around on linux ?

as the only driver i saw was 14.x only

0 Likes
3 Replies
usnetworks
Journeyman III

Anyone here knows?

0 Likes

This is the Linux Ubuntu 18.40 Drivers. Radeon™ Software for Linux® 18.20 Release Notes .

Under supported GPUs the closest to your GPU R7 370 is R7 350.

AMD Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350

But doesn't mention for all R7 3xx Series GPU cards like the link below.

But when I input DESKTOP R7 3xx series GPU this much older version of Ubuntu comes up as being compatible: Desktop  when mentions all R7 3xx series GPU Cards.

AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series

So unless you want to take a RISK and try to install the 18.20 driver on your R7 370 to see if it works or not. It up to you. The 18.20 version doesn't mention the R7 370 just the R7 350 GPU Cards.

0 Likes

yeah, installed that one, and the issue was it gave me a black screen and it just shut off my pc.. i been trying to see if AMD them selfs would able to look into it as i flaged there software many times telling them that when i download it, it comes into tar ball, and when u run ./sh for it, it does not install right and makes my gaming PC go into black screen and shuts down...

i hate to get gforce tho as i like AMD lot but it seems they stop working wit linux and went with windows only and that sucks from what others said they gave up on open drivers for linux, and the main drivers from ubuntu is oky but the FPS is so dam slow, even ARK would not load up or other steam games...

0 Likes