cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pettrak
Adept I

Monitor is making a clicking noise, black screens that stands for some seconds and visual static

Im using a AOC 2460G5, a 1920x1080 144hz monitor with freesync installed and im using a Display port

My graphics card: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB

The issue im having right now is that the monitor is making a clicking noise, like a spark. and often when it does that it shows a static flick on the screen, its mostly a white line that goes from edge to edge with some mixture of other colors. The thing im most annoyed about is that it goes black screen for some couple of seconds, which is really fustrating when playing video games. This only happens when i play video games, especially hardware intensive games like PUBG. The more hardware intensive the game is, the worse it gets. This only happens with Display Port

My first monitor which is the same that i have now did this all the time, even if i didnt have any applications running on the system. So i got a new one for free and it works, but the problems still remains but much less.

Can this be the graphics card or the monitor? If you could give me answers i would really appreciate it. I dont want to waste money on something that doesnt fix it all

If you have questions feel free to ask

0 Likes
0 Replies