cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

jsmoss1975
Adept II

My Next Build

My current pc that I plan to upgrade from is an Antec P280 case, an MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition matched with an AMD FX-8350 8-core processor. I'm also running an AMD Radeon HD-6990 card, along with an EVGA 850BQ power supply, and last but not least I'm utilizing Crucial Ballstix 16GB of DDR3 Ram and a Hitachi 1TB hard drive. "My current PC is also in the process of being overhauled to convert to liquid cooling both the CPU and GPU".

I am researching for my next PC Streaming build and I wanted an opinion an which processor could run what I am building it for. I want to do independent video streams  to 5+ displays at 1080p.  I'm exploring either the Ryzen 7 1800X, the Ryzen Threadripper 1900X, or the Ryzen Threadripper 1920X. Any suggestions?   I have already chosen the Cougar Conquest as the platform for my next build and do intend to do a liquid cooling loop just as I am in the process of doing for my current PC.

0 Likes
6 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Those CPUs are all great choices, the Ryzen 7 1700 would even work well for your streaming/gaming needs.

0 Likes

I actually plan to use the 1800X and I decided to use the ThermalTake Core P5 instead of the Cougar Conquer for my case so that I can get the same amount of breathability and mount it on the wall to streamline connection management to the 5+ displays as well as making it easier to service the cooling loop.

0 Likes

In my opinion 1700X is more cost efficient than 1800X. Advantage for 1900X is 4 channel memory and more PCI channel. Two graphic cards can work with x16 speed.

0 Likes

The TR will be overkill if you're using it as a streaming rig. If it's not a dedicate rig then TR is a good choice but expect some small hit to graphics performance as the way the memory controller works is different than Ryzen. The best bang for your buck is a 1700 and then overclocked up to 4.0 ghz. You'll need to have two video cards for 5 displays so keep that in mind.

Also unless you're dedicated to the hilt a custom loop is not worth the trouble. Budget in an additional $500 to $700 to do it properly. As someone who's had a custom loop in every build since the athlon 64 and built dozens of open loop PCs for clients... I'd go with air. Unless you're reaching for that PCMR loop status. Then go ham.

0 Likes
jsmoss1975
Adept II

I  know that it has been a while since I was last here. I have completed my custom looped pc build. I call it "Iron Man". I used the thermaltake core p5 for my case. The primary components consist of the Ryzen7 1800X processor with a XFX RX580 8Gb graphics card  along with the ROG Crosshair vi hero WiFi motherboard. I also utilized the patriot viper 16gb DDR4 ram along with the ADATA 128GB M.2SSD with the Seagate 2tb firecuda SSHD. Powering this build is done with the EVGA 850G2 power supply. Cooling is done starting with the barrow ARC Reactor waterblock and a bykski waterblock for the 580. All of the tubing and fittings came from bitspower through titan rig. The coolant is fed through a lenx 600 L/R 255ml pump/reservoir. and a xspc 480mm radiator. I also used koolance UV red coolant with UV led lights throughout.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Looks gorgeous, awesome rig!
Please can you post it into the Rig showcase section with, if possible, a better quality picture, here the link if interested: https://community.amd.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.amd.com%2Fapps%2Fps-formbuil...

You can join the AMD discord server, there is also a chat dedicated to rig showcase, maybe jump in just to say hi and drop your rig picture.
It really worth having a look a it, imo. ^^

0 Likes