cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

flavivs
Journeyman III

Why does my Ryzen 5 2600X show only 3 cores and 6 threads in Cinebench R15, CPU-Z and other programs?

Why does my Ryzen 5 2600X show only 3 cores and 6 threads in Cinebench R15, CPU-Z and other programs? At the same time I have very low scores on multithread tests (Even much lower than the older Ryzen 1600). Why is this so? In default settings and OC, it does not matter. Can you please help someone? This is some wrong setting in BIOS?

I added some screens for example and I have checked the the SMT in AUTOMATIC: 3C / 6T and in DISABLE mode: 6C / 6T - still can't get the 6C / 12T... Why???

My motherborad is Asus Rog Strix B-350-F Gaming with latest BIOS

Thanks for advise.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Found this website that offers some suggestions: windows is only recognizing 3 cores out of 6 ryzen 1600 - [Solved] - CPUs  and this website which gives instructions on how to 'Enable" Ryzen cores again using Ryzen Master : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-disabled-ryzen-processor-cores

As per the first link: Windows key -> msconfig -> enter - > boot tab - > advanced options - > number of processors, ensure it's set to 6

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Found this website that offers some suggestions: windows is only recognizing 3 cores out of 6 ryzen 1600 - [Solved] - CPUs  and this website which gives instructions on how to 'Enable" Ryzen cores again using Ryzen Master : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-disabled-ryzen-processor-cores

As per the first link: Windows key -> msconfig -> enter - > boot tab - > advanced options - > number of processors, ensure it's set to 6

seahawkshunt
Adept II

The methods elstaci listed should work. But if you want to enable all the cores manually you can use your UEFI/BIOS. In BIOS go to Advanced mode view,

-Advanced Tab

-CPU configuration

-Core leveling, this will give you the option to enable/disable cores. You want automatic core leveling(6cores 12 threads)

-You will also find SMT in the same settings, make sure that is enabled also.

-Save and exit, You can also save working profiles in the Advanced mode, Tools tab, Asus overclocking Profile. Label and save, this way you can tinker with overclocking and 1 click back to original OC settings if the BIOS gets borked (like it is now)

Once that is done Windows should recognize all cores and threads. If it does not, use the msconfig method after making the BIOS changes. I own this exact motherboard and it is a great motherboard (IMHO) that allows for a lot of different configurations for overclocking or other specialized uses.

flavivs
Journeyman III

I found it in the forums, but still thank you for your help. Everything is OK, now... :-)

Best regards...

0 Likes