cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tolinbran
Adept I

Question regarding RMA shipping cost

So, I am starting the process of RMAing my 1600 due to the segfault issue, the RMA has been approved and an RMA# issued.

My question is, do I need to pay for the shipping to send the processor to AMD?

I've been trying to read up on the whole process and have seen conflicting information with some people saying you have to pay to return it and AMD pay to send the replacement, while other say AMD pays for both ways.

I live in Australia and the return address I was given is in Singapore if that has any affect on the answer.

This is my first time having to RMA a product as well as the first time I've had to send something overseas so I have no idea how to go about it to be completely honest.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You have to pay for shipping the processor back to AMD for RMA.

If AMD was paying for it they would have sent you a prepaid box or have you print  a Prepaid Shipping Label  to apply to the box with the processor for shipping. The instructions doesn't indicate anywhere where AMD is sending you a Prepaid box or Label.

Just be sure to properly package the Processor so that it won't get damaged while shipping back to AMD as per the link in the RMA instructions.

Copied from the Shipping Instructions link:

NOTE! Any physical damage to the processor that occurs during shipping will void warranty coverage for retail packaged ‘Processor in a Box’ processor(s).

View solution in original post

10 Replies

When you received the RMA number, Didn't it come with instructions concerning shipping the processor back to AMD?  It should have mentioned if you need to pay for return shipping costs or AMD will pay.

0 Likes

Yes, I receives shipping instructions but no mention of who pays for shipping it to AMD (unless its staring me in the face and I just can't see it), here is the content of the email

This is an automatically generated email please do not reply

Dear  Eckert

RMA # DELETED

Date June 29, 2018

Thank you for contacting AMD regarding warranty replacement of your

retail packaged 'Processor in a Box' processor(s).

The following processor(s) have been authorized for return to AMD

against the RMA number specified above. Please note that we cannot

process any parts other than those marked as approved in this RMA

confirmation email.

Product         Serial#         Result

you pack your processor.
     http://www.amd.com/returnguidelines/en
     We recommend using a track able carrier, such as UPS, Federal Express,
     DHL, etc.
     Be advised that packages sent through the Postal service are directed
     through AMD's mail sorting facility, which can cause undue or lengthy
     delays in processing your RMA.
     AMD cannot guarantee proper delivery of your package for RMA if it is
     not addressed as follows:
     Return Center Address
     AMD SINGAPORE PTE LTD
     C/O Warranty Returns
     RMA# DELETED
     51 Ubi Avenue 3
     Singapore,  408858
     Singapore
     Please note that your processor(s) will be subject to visual
     mechanical (V/M) Inspection upon arrival at the AMD Returns Center,
     and must pass this inspection before your warranty claim can be
     approved.  Should your processor fail V/M inspection, a Customer
     Support Analyst will be in contact with you by telephone or email
     with this information. You will receive your original processor
     approximately 3-5 business days from the ship date from the AMD
     Returns Center, depending upon your location.

Best Regards,
     AMD Global Customer Care

Disclaimer: The content of this email is provided for informational
     purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect
     to the accuracy of the content or of the information provided and
     reserves the right to change such information at any time, with out
     without notice.

I've emailed them about it but haven't heard back yet.

0 Likes

You have to pay for shipping the processor back to AMD for RMA.

If AMD was paying for it they would have sent you a prepaid box or have you print  a Prepaid Shipping Label  to apply to the box with the processor for shipping. The instructions doesn't indicate anywhere where AMD is sending you a Prepaid box or Label.

Just be sure to properly package the Processor so that it won't get damaged while shipping back to AMD as per the link in the RMA instructions.

Copied from the Shipping Instructions link:

NOTE! Any physical damage to the processor that occurs during shipping will void warranty coverage for retail packaged ‘Processor in a Box’ processor(s).

Just heard back from AMD, they do not do return labels for Australia

Now to find an economical way to send it, DHL, UPS and a few others I looked at quoted close to $100AUD to ship it based on the box size and approx weight I gave.

Thanks for your input

0 Likes

I am in a similar position. My Acer monitor Warranty expires in November 2018 (3 year Warranty) and I have pay to ship the monitor from S.Florida to Texas Repair Center. The shipping cost will be around 30-35% of what I paid for the Monitor. I have a 27 inch Monitor so it will be a large shipping box plus shipping charges. So, I will just wait until the Monitor becomes unusable to view and then purchase a new Monitor. This time making sure that the Manufacturer either pays for shipping to them or they will pick up the monitor at a local brick and stone store if possible.

It is so expensive because it is international Shipping for you. From Australia to Singapore.

Edit: found out the 100 AUD is equal to around $73.50 USD. Still expensive.

0 Likes

I probably picked a bigger box than needed (dimensions roughly 20cmX14cmX8cm) but it was the smallest I could find at home, plus I wanted to make sure the processor had plenty of padding around it. I'll have another look for a smaller box and see how that affects the quotes.

0 Likes

Here in the USA, UPS has it own stores where it offers several services. One of the services it offers is that is will professionally pack your item for shipping for a fee.  The UPS store near my house said they would charge about $21.00 to pack my 27 inch monitor. That included the box and all the proper insulation needed to prevent the monitor from being damaged during shipping. UPS Store shouldn't charge you more than 5 or 6 US dollars to pack your CPU for proper shipping.

Just a thought.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

tolinbran, this is primarily a user forum.  I do not work for AMD and most posters here do not.  I have never RMAed a processor, but have always paid for the return shipping.  The vendor then pays to send me the the new part.  The control is the RMA issuer, as elstaci, points out.  Please ask them directly what to do.  I usually ship insured and with a delivery receipt, but it is not required.  It sounds a little easier here in the US.  Enjoy, John.

Jayaims
Journeyman III

I ship my RMA CPU through USPS I didn't realize they had send a FedEx shipment label in my email I don't know if this will affect them receiving my package or not if anybody knows that wouldn't really help me out

0 Likes

Maybe you should email warranty support and give them the usps details.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes