cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cirnik
Newcomer

NEED HELP! how do i get the most FPS with radeon rx 550 graphics card?

ello, after 2 days of trying to open AMD settings I finally fixed it and not i can open it actually withouth an error. But I came across something wierd, I wanted to check my fps and I opened counter strike 1.6 and i only had 60 fps, after playing a bit with settings my fps went to 100 on loading screen, but when i actually play my fps stays at 100 stable for couple minutes or so then it drops down to 50-60 and sometimes 30-40. I previously had nvidia 630 gt 4gb ram graphics card and my fps in the game was always 100 (considering its a very old game too) I was sure i should have stable 100 fps in the game with rx 550 too, but i dont. When I saw what fps i have in counter strike 1.6 I didn't even bother opening CSGO to check how much FPS i will have in that game. I would appreciate if I could get some answers how to boost my FPS to maximum or atleast stable 100+ not only in counter strike but in other games too.

my PC specs:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD RX 550
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • desktop

Operating System

• windows 7 profesional
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon RX 550 series 24.20.11021.1000 shows in device manager
  • Display Devices

• LG monitor 1680x1050 @60Hz i also have a displayport to VGA adapter because i dont have the right cable for my monitor-pc right now

• Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Asus system type x64 based pc system model: all series
  • CPU/APU
    • intel core i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz (4CPU's) - 3.4 ghz

• RAM
    • 4GB

my current global settings on radeon settings:

pastedImage_4.png

also my current global wattman settings, im not really sure what i supposed to set them too and also i see my fan not spinning

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_6.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

1) Upgrade to windows 10 1803.

2) Use the latest driver.

0 Likes

my pc would probably overall start lagging more with windows 10 and i have no intentions of upgrading to windows 10

and i am using the latest drivers

0 Likes

No your pc will work better, clean install windows 10.

0 Likes

so you're saying radeon graphic cards work better with windows 10 and not windows 7?

0 Likes