cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wintertime7
Adept I

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. error

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.6.1
  • Display Devices
    • ASUS VG245 Gaming Monitor 75Hz Active DP to HDMI
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
  • RAM
    • 8GB DDR3

Issue:

Hello, I noticed that my AMD Radeon Settings icon was not minimized in the hidden icons, so I right clicked on my desktop, and saw the AMD Radeon Settings tab, I clicked it, and it popped up a error saying, 'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.'

I have tried reinstalling my graphics driver, and repair Microsoft redistributable x86 and x64, 2015. The problem still persists . I have also tried using DDU and reinstalling my drivers, that has not worked too.

Please help

08570a6b9c0e3d28b80c50d28321021c.png

1 Solution
wintertime7
Adept I

Hello, recently I couldn't open "RadeonSettings.exe", but just now, I just solved my problem.

In my case I did the following:
Opened 'regedit' via Windows Start Menu, went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Options, looked for anything with 'radeonsettings', I then found this: 'radeonsettings.exe'. Clicked on it, and deleted the key.

I found that the app was being blocked by AVAST, an anti-virus that I used to have.
Thank you for viewing this, If you have this problem, please consider doing the steps above. Thanks for trying to help too, goodplay​.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Have you tried starting it from the start menu.

Also, have you checked the AMD folder to see if it is listed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I searched up 'AMD Radeon Settings', and it does seem to pop up, but when I click it, nothing happens, no loading symbol appears next to my cursor.

And, my AMD folder does show RadeonSettings.exe

Screenshot (743).png

0 Likes

So it won't run from the start menu list(don't use search), will it run if you double click the listed app from the file.

If that fails, then supply INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION for someone to offer further suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

The error pops up when double clicked.

I added as much information as I could.

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes
wintertime7
Adept I

Hello, recently I couldn't open "RadeonSettings.exe", but just now, I just solved my problem.

In my case I did the following:
Opened 'regedit' via Windows Start Menu, went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Options, looked for anything with 'radeonsettings', I then found this: 'radeonsettings.exe'. Clicked on it, and deleted the key.

I found that the app was being blocked by AVAST, an anti-virus that I used to have.
Thank you for viewing this, If you have this problem, please consider doing the steps above. Thanks for trying to help too, goodplay​.

Yup I had to remove the whole entry to get rid of it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
N4STYNATE
Journeyman III

From an engineering standpoint I would NOT advise messing with registry editor for this...
I had this issue and solved by using AMDs Utility
Then download and install the latest driver provided by your OEM (Dell, Asus, etc) direct from THEIR website.
For me in this example is a 6700S and 6800XT
Sometimes will have to load the auto install AMD tool after this but only for certain instances of wanting ability to record gameplay.
Otherwise this solved for tons and seems easier than reg edits, although I like the idea / thought behind it.
Just my 2 cents 
Peace

0 Likes