cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

opterono3
Newcomer

XFX RX 480 Adrenaline Drivers do not work

Is anyone else having issues getting Adrenaline Drivers to work with the RX 480? Any time I install them Windows does not recognize the driver and getting Windows Code: 43.

However, Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.11.5-Nov25, this driver works perfectly fine. Now I enjoy using the features and would like to take advantage of the tweaks offered in Adrenaline and use them on my RX 480. But I can't seem to find a work around.

So for now I have to use a driver from 2 years ago in order to be able to use my GPU. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies

XFX RX 480 8GB

Desktop System

Windows 10 64bit

Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.11.5-Nov25 Installed

Dell SE2717HR 27" Full HD 75Hz FreeSync LED Monitor HDMI Connection

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 F22 Bios

AMD Ryzen 2400G

Thermaltake 650W Bronze

16GB Corsair 3000mhz RAM

When I install Adrenaline drivers I get Windows Error Code 43. Graphics Card will show desktop and Windows, but GPU will not function when I update drivers. However, the only drivers that seem to work is Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.11.5-Nov25. Any other Crimson based driver won't function either. It's just this specific driver that works.

Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
opterono3
Newcomer

Okay I was able to fix it for those of you having issues using the latest drivers on your XFX RX 480 RS Edition.

Check your GPU bios. I was able to update them to the latest version (using the same card specs) and I was able to get the GPU to be recognized and fully works with Adrenaline drivers.

If you would like details here we go:

How to Upgrade Your GPU BIOS - Graphics Cards - Tom's Hardware

VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp - This contains ONLY XFX RX 480 bios updates.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE DOING THE WORK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.

The utility provided by Tom's Hardware is pretty safe and will let you know if the bios will work or no before pushing update.

Again...

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE DOING THE WORK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.

0 Likes